Cheap Suspension/Steering Kit - Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's your life depending on them cheep parts.

It's your call if you like to experience your life in a "dangerous" manner.

Good luck.

Q.

Your time installing is worth money. Cheap parts that don't last mean you do the job 2 or 3 times. I always consider that since i'm doing it myself, i'll spend for good parts and still save. i'd want to only do the job once.

I'd personally avoid it based on the lack of any kind of brand name and the COO clearly listed as China.

Don't do it!

Consider Deeza chassis parts. They are made in Turkey and pretty good quality. I have used their sway bar links and was impressed,

Support your neighbor's job, your own sanity, and the safety of the vehicle on the road, and get the right parts.

I bought some new tie rods ends on ebay for a Taurus. Cheap Chinese junk. Noticeably smaller in size to the OEM. I installed them but I will buy better parts in the future.

I have a simple rule with cheap chinese or harbor frieght type of tools; if it is the only thing holding me from from my certain death, I will avoid it!

Originally Posted By: tommygunn
Don't do it!

Consider Deeza chassis parts. They are made in Turkey and pretty good quality. I have used their sway bar links and was impressed,

I agree with the above comment!

Originally Posted By: rshaw125
What about some brands of American made quality parts????

Raybestos pro and Moog are American brands, but don't count on them to be made in the USA. You can't even count on your OEM parts and dealer replacement parts to be made in the USA either.

Either buy the premium grade parts, OEM parts, or get used to having to redo this job next year, and don't expect anyone to help you with the cost of wheel alignments and excess tire wear.

If you don't have to drive this truck often, you can wait for a good coupon that dramatically lowers the price of everything you can buy from an online parts source. Sometimes Advance Auto will have an excellent coupon, you can order online and have the part arrive in the store with no shipping cost to you.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Support your neighbor's job, your own sanity, and the safety of the vehicle on the road, and get the right parts.

Amen, bro. If you value your job, then value someone else's and buy American parts for your American truck.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: JHZR2

Amen, bro. If you value your job, then value someone else's and buy American parts for your American truck.

Much #muricanpatriotism much?

Buy something name brand. My brother put a brand new front end in his Jeep Cherokee a couple years ago and it was an off brand drag link and the castle nut which was tight with a cotter pin, it's threads pulled out on the freeway, he safely made it to the side of the freeway (with absolutely no steering) and was then sideswiped. This was a month ago

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Buy something name brand. My brother put a brand new front end in his Jeep Cherokee a couple years ago and it was an off brand drag link and the castle nut which was tight with a cotter pin, it's threads pulled out on the freeway, he safely made it to the side of the freeway (with absolutely no steering) and was then sideswiped. This was a month ago

Wait.... So "name brand" + "made in america" = Good?
Since NOTHING Raybestos and Moog sell is made in america, Why are they recommended?

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Since NOTHING Raybestos and Moog sell is made in america, Why are they recommended?

Be careful with absolutes (like "nothing"). I just installed a pair of Moog springs on the rear of our CR-V and the country of origin printed on the Moog label is "United States of America".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back