Good cheap truck tires?

Status
Not open for further replies.
LTX MS2's on my Silverado are just about at the wear bars, I think in the next 2k-3k miles I'll swap them out.

Normally I'd just put another set of Michelin's on but I plan on selling the truck privately this fall so I want a fresh set of rubber on it, that's cheap.

Any decent tires in the $100 or less range? I just want nice deep tread for when people come look at the truck. I don't care if they are good I won't be putting many miles on them myself.

When I get the new truck I'm going to head right to the tire store and try to trade in the OE rubber for some MS2's!

Last edited:
I have new Mastercraft Courser AXT's on my 1990 K1500. Have a 2-3k miles on them. Love them. They have pretty aggressive looking tread....nice and deep too. But ride down the highway real nice. I couldn't be happier. I think they were about $500 installed for the set on 265/70-16.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
General Grabber HT/S. Not quite $100, but in that ballpark.

+2 had those on my prior escape, great tire, almost as good as the Michelin cross terrain.

Pirelli Scorpion ATR's are $376 on closeout after rebate
Firestone Destination LE 2's are $446 after rebate

Tirerack

Maybe it's just me, but if it's gonna be driven on the road, I'd want nothing less than a T speed rating, which these 2 have.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
You can have good tires or you can have cheap tires; but you cant have good, cheap, tires...

Stupid statement.

Originally Posted By: michaelluscher
Pirelli Scorpion ATR's are $376 on closeout after rebate
Firestone Destination LE 2's are $446 after rebate

Tirerack

Maybe it's just me, but if it's gonna be driven on the road, I'd want nothing less than a T speed rating, which these 2 have.

I love buying online from TR, DTD TD. But, in our circle(family/friends) when buying Firestone tires, our local Firestone dealerships are often as cost effective as buying online. And you get the whole package with all of the free rotation/balance flat repair included(except RHW). But, this is in our area of the country. I have heard of other claiming this.

^^^ echo this ^^^. plus our local F'stone shop has been good to me. The only time I won't source the rubber from them is if I want another brand, which is rare. They also cut me a little discount now and then just because they know me and I tend to tip the techs cash.

They quote their packages less than other shops, so I know they are already competitive, and sometimes, if I get the "works," - lifetime rotate/balance, road hazard, etc, they'll come off $25 or so if I ask. But they can't do it if I'm already doing the buy 3... sale or somesuch.

Check their sales--- see if they have a "buy 3 " deal going on for your size. that usually works out pretty well. While I do not like the entry level b'stone or f'stone tires, if it's just to sell it....

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
You can have good tires or you can have cheap tires; but you cant have good, cheap, tires...

Stupid statement.

+1

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle

Stupid statement.

He didn't go on to say they had to be great in snow, rain, be quiet and go 100k....

Originally Posted By: eljefino
He didn't go on to say they had to be great in snow, rain, be quiet and go 100k....

Which tire is that, regardless of price??? ;^)

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
Originally Posted By: eljefino

Which tire is that, regardless of price??? ;^)

Every michelin ever made of course!
Well they price them that way atleast
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: Phishin
I have new Mastercraft Courser AXT's on my 1990 K1500. Have a 2-3k miles on them. Love them. They have pretty aggressive looking tread....nice and deep too. But ride down the highway real nice. I couldn't be happier. I think they were about $500 installed for the set on 265/70-16.

I was going to say Cooper who owns that brand. Very good tires for a reasonable price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back