Meijer Synthetic 5w20 (Warren)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looked around a while back, and couldn't find a VOA on this oil either here, or on the PQIA Site.
Sent this sample in back on June 7th, Finally got the VOA today.
Blackstone VOA +TBN Meijer Syn 5w20

Meijer%2520Syn%25205w20.jpg

Looks like a solid oil, with a little moly and boron and without sodium, which used to very common in cheaper oils.
Considering that with the current buy one get one 50% off deal Meijer is offering, you'd pay around $13.00 each for two jugs, which seems like a real deal.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Looks like a solid oil, with a little moly and boron and without sodium, which used to very common in cheaper oils.
Considering that with the current buy one get one 50% off deal Meijer is offering, you'd pay around $13.00 each for two jugs, which seems like a real deal.

even with out that sale, it's not a terribly bad deal, Currently $17.49/5qt jug. Right in between PYB($16.49), and Motorcraft Blend($17.99)

oh, and it's also dexos approved if you need that sort of thing.

I'm running this oil right now. I also just bought two more of the 5qt jugs yesterday. Buy one get another 50% off. Not bad.

Thank you for posting

Last edited:
Agreed, but the sale, which Meijer runs now and then, makes it a really good buy and maybe even worthy of a demi-stash, especially with no flaky MIRs or FRNs to worry about getting.

Originally Posted By: earlyre

even with out that sale, it's not a terribly bad deal, Currently $17.49/5qt jug. Right in between PYB($16.49), and Motorcraft Blend($17.99)

oh, and it's also dexos approved if you need that sort of thing.

Meijer is offering an even sweeter deal today.
Buy the two jugs, use the $3.00 off store coupon and get the second jug at 50% off:

17.49-3.00+(.5(17.49))=$23.24 for two jugs.
I bit on the 5W-20, largely due to the confidence inspired in this oil by your VOA.
Maybe a few runs in the Focus followed with a UOA?

Could this VOA be a mistake by Blackstone, I have not seen a Warren oil without Sodium?

And I got same deal this morning, very good price.

Warren's own premier products don't use sodium.
I also doubt that Blackstone would have missed a few hundred PPM of sodium.

Warren's own premier products don't use sodium.
I also doubt that Blackstone would have missed a few hundred PPM of sodium.

More likely that this isn't Warren.

Ok thanks fdcg27, I just noticed that the linked ST voa from PQIA also has very low sodium.
Meijer oil bottle/jug says Warren right on it!

well, looks like we were both right Memphis.
It is Warren, Just Not the same Warren.

As motorguy222 recently pointed out that Warren Distribution, and Warren oil/ Warren UniLube are different companies.

www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3423090/Re:_Wpp_and_WPP...#Post3416726

Meijer oil,are Warren-Unilube(per MSDS), label on back of Bottle says "Packaged By Warren Oil Company, inc., Dunn, NC 28334"

SuperTech is Warren Distribution, of Omaha Nebraska
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3423111/1

Given the moly level, can we safely assume that they are using trinuclear moly ?
We do for the same reason on other oils...

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Given the moly level, can we safely assume that they are using trinuclear moly ?
We do for the same reason on other oils...

I'd think so.
Why else even bother with 35 ppm?
It isn't as though most buyers would have any idea of the adds used in this oil.

At less the twelve bucks a jug, this was a pretty good deal.
My plan is to do a few runs of this oil in the old Focus and then UOA it.
We could use some UOAs of oils that aren't widely seen here.

I picked up a jug of this for the new Focus today with Santa Bux $3 off. $14.49 for 5qts of a good looking syn=I'm in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back