Do you notice a difference when alternating gas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heh. I went out of way to to the same gas station last night just to get that extra PEP. Placebo or not.

I could not put my finger to it. The car just felt like it gained a couple of horses last week, and the only thing I could account for, was the fillup at the gas station.

Now for years, I am using only Mobil/Shell/Exxon/Chvron stations. I don't even use Sunoco or BP. It is mostly in my head but I do not like how my vehicle(s) behave with other gas.

I notice differing fuel mileage when using E0 vs. E10 gas, but not by changing brands within the two worlds, i.e., ethanol-laced and pure gas.

Once, though, I was on a road trip with the Buick Park Avenue. I'd started from home with E0 in the tank. It came time for refueling, and my only choice was E10, so in it went. After a few minutes' driving, suddenly the PA gave a hiccup like my cat swallowing something a little too big for him. It startled me, and I thought, Oh, God, bad gas and I'll be stranded miles from home.

Nope. The PA ran perfectly (though with lowered mileage, I found) for the rest of that tank. Just that little cough, as if it were grimacing and saying, "What the heck are you feeding me?"

Evey car around here gets fed with nothing but E10 :-( We don't get E0. May be ours cars got used to ingesting E10 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back