NANKANG vs Mastercraft vs KINFOREST vs Mayrun

Status
Not open for further replies.
So... discount tires time. I am looking to get them in 215 50 17R for my Acura TSX. They are all around the same price range. Anyone have any experience with them? I have looked online but only found very scarce info. The Acura is mainly used in the South. Thanks!

More specifically:

NANKANG TOURSPORT XR611 91V

Mastercraft STRATEGY 95V XL TL

KINFOREST Tires KF550 95W BSW

MAYRUN MR500 Tires 95W BSW

I would go with NANKANG,had before NS2 it was OK tyre,but nothing special.You should consider Federal Tyres from Taiwan,had theirs 595 evo and they where very grippy in dry.This other you mentioned i have never heard of.

Why are you going for the cheapest possible tires?
All of these are going to be of unkown quality.
Why not consider a lower-tier name brand?
General, Cooper, Hankook and Kumho all offer some inexpesive tires that hold up pretty well.
If you must have a low-end tire, I'd price Primewells.
These have come new on a couple of used cars we've bought and while I wouldn't go out and buy a set, they're not bad.
Walmart also has the Goodyear Integrity at rock-bottom prices, but I'm not sure they'd be available in your size.

Most of our Honda/Acura(and Mazda) automobiles have been a bit fussy as far as tires. They seemed to like better tires and not the private label brands, which seemed fine for the first 10K-15K miles before they became too unbalanced and wore uneven. By 25K-30K the private label tires were shot and couldn't keep'em balanced.

With the better name brand tires held in high regard with customers(have to do some searching for customer reviews), I have had much better success with all tires on all of our vehicles.

Of the tires you listed, I'd go with the Mastercrafts which are made by Cooper I believe. They are a Cooper brand that are usually sold at service stations and the Strategy seem to be quite decent.

I was looking at tires there other day and I'd take a look at the Kumho Sense KR26 which is a new release tire that may be better than a NANKANG at only a few dollars more.

Get real tires.

If you have a TSX, you can afford something that isn't Chinese cheap junk.

Here are some not-too-expensive name-brand tires in your size:

Kumho Ecsta 4X
Kumho Ecsta LX Platinum
Goodyear Assurance Fuel Max
Falken Azenis PT722
Dunlop Signature II
Cooper CS5 Ultra
Hankook Ventus S1 Noble 2
Nitto Motivo
Continental PureContact

With all those choices and more, no need to use low quality tires.

This is like the Dollarama list of tire choices
crazy2.gif

Why the aversion to putting some decent rubber on it that isn't junk?

Of that list I would go with the Mastercraft, simply because I've never ridden on the others. But why fight the trend: Get the General Altimax RT43 in 95V. If it's half as good as they say, especially at its current price point, it's a winner.

Note that your OE tires were XL, with a load rating of 93. That theoretically rules out a replacement tire (of the same size) that's SL with a lower load rating. Luckily many tires that size are XL, including the RT43 and several on your list.

My BIL has the same issue on his '07 Passat wagon. OE tires were XL. Why do they do that, you suppose?

Originally Posted By: soyeahiknow
So... discount tires time. I am looking to get them in 215 50 17R for my Acura TSX. They are all around the same price range. Anyone have any experience with them? I have looked online but only found very scarce info. The Acura is mainly used in the South. Thanks!

More specifically:

NANKANG TOURSPORT XR611 91V

Mastercraft STRATEGY 95V XL TL

KINFOREST Tires KF550 95W BSW

MAYRUN MR500 Tires 95W BSW

I know one thing: I would never be your passenger!

Anyone suggesting expensive tires should send the OP a CHECK to cover the difference!

Personally: from that list, Mastercraft.

@Jarlaxle, that's the thing though, the difference isn't that great!

Plus, the name brands often have rebates and other promotions, making that difference minimal, if that.

The OP's car is new enough and expensive enough that he can afford real tires. A late-model TSX isn't exactly a $500 beater.

Shoot, my car *is* a three-digit beater, but I put Dunlop tires on it!

Kumho, Hankook, and Falken tires are inexpensive enough and are name brands.

I forgot about Falken's ZE-950 in my earlier post, but it is a new performance tire at a great price.

The Sumitomo HTR A/S P01 is another name-brand tire at a good price, but it is directional, so if you choose this tire, make sure you can get free lifetime balance/rotation. Sumitomo is the 6th largest tire company and is the parent company of Falken.

Both of those tires are about the same price if not cheaper than Mastercraft.

Pep Boys has a great sale on the Falken Ziex ZE-329. Buy 3, get one free, PLUS an additional $70 rebate, making the total price under $400.

They also have the Cooper CS4 Touring (predecessor to the CS5 Ultra) 10% off and buy 3, get one free. Also about $400 after rebates, for a name-brabd US-made tire.

The Hankook S1 Noble2, also 10% off and buy 3, get one free after rebate.

If you don't like any of those tires, Walmart also has good prices, and if you still don't find something you like, buy what you want online and bring them to Wally for installation.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Anyone suggesting expensive tires should send the OP a CHECK to cover the difference!

Personally: from that list, Mastercraft.

Lol since when that difference is worth of safety?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back