Audi Laser headlights

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw this and the technology looks really cool. By implementing this lighting will extend to about 1,000 feet. The biggest thing is that the lights will constantly adjust to oncoming traffic and road conditions putting the light where it needs it. The downside is that the USA STILL has a law on the books from 1967 requiring a separate hi and low beam for automotive applications. We have some of the greatest minds yet our congressmen can't get past change. Any thoughts? [URL]http://www.thecarconnection.com/news/1092012_audi-says-its-first-with-laser-headlights-on-r8-lmx[/url]

For sure it's an awesome technology but as with the BMW advanced lighting systems, I wouldn't want to be the guy outa warranty having to drop a substantial dollar to replace. I'm no anti-tech as some of the things designers and engineers have come up with are amazing.

ya, wait until Lexus puts it on their car and only buy it when they start offering it on Toyota! Then you know the technology has been perfected for mass market adoption.

If you buy an Audi out of warranty, you deserve to get burn by that laser (ok, I am only kidding)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back