Belts and hose question

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Gates personally.

They're the OE supplier for Honda, not sure about other brands.

Goodyear belts, including their serpentine gatorback, are made of neoprene. Under high heat conditions, the neoprene life is compromised. Dayco seems to revamp their technology every decade or so. Gates seems to be a favorite amongst many.

Originally Posted By: Kool1
Goodyear belts, including their serpentine gatorback, are made of neoprene. Under high heat conditions, the neoprene life is compromised. Dayco seems to revamp their technology every decade or so. Gates seems to be a favorite amongst many.

Yeah I used to know that...make it Gates ftw.*

*Dayco is ok too.

Gates belts are consistently good. I have had some Dayco belts last for ages, and others fail in less than 1 year of driving. The newest "W-rib" Dayco appears better than previous versions, but only time will tell what works best.

I almost always get Gates coolant hoses simply because they cover more applications. They seem fine, but I prefer OEM coolant hoses in most cases.

I'm not sure how good Goodyear belts and hoses are, because I rarely ever encounter any.

I often find that ACDelco is a gates or a Dayco product with ACDelco written on it.

Originally Posted By: Sawdusted
Bando belts. OEM for many [censored] and Krean imports.

That, and many Japanese car companies use Mitsuboshi/MBL 3 stars. They are also good belts. However, don't count on being able to find them on all cars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back