Silverado 2002 5.3 Shocks-Rear

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking to buy rear shocks for my 02' Silverado 5.3L, LT.
Went to Rockauto but not much selection there.
Went to Summit Racing and the Bilstein 4600's for the rear have 2 different part numbers but unable to tell which one is for Comfort Ride and which one is for HD ride.
Emailed Customer Service and no response.
Previously purchased 2 front Bilstein shocks and remember clearly that there was a Comfort ride option and a HD(Heavy Duty) option.

If there is a better recommended rear shock please advise.
Mostly do highway traveling and hardly ever load the bed with anything really heavy.
I use the truck for typical hauling of small trees here and there, carry bicycles, Home Depot etc..

Have not made up my mind on going with Comfort or HD but I'm leaning towards Comfort...Do you know what the HD part number is? Is there another website that has good deals so that I can compare?

Also noticed that when I'm asked to choose vehicle there are 2 options:
One is Silverado 1500 and the other is
Silverado 1500 HD...

Which one is mine?

Originally Posted By: Gito
Silverado 1500 HD...

Which one is mine?

1500 HD has 8 lug nuts.

Originally Posted By: Zaedock
Originally Posted By: Gito
Silverado 1500 HD...

Which one is mine?

1500 HD has 8 lug nuts.

Got it, thanks..

I had a 2006 5.3 Ext cab, I swapped out the stock shocks for KYB mononaxes. Ride quality improved greatly over the [censored] stock shocks. Wish I still had that truck, started having kids and needed more room.

I have an aging 1999 and replaced shocks last year. 99 thru 02 should be the same. If I recall correctly, there is a difference between a Z71 truck and just a regular truck. Longer travel I believe, so make sure you look into that to verify.

My truck is no longer a showpiece at 15 years old, and I use it like a truck. Not wanting to dump a ton of money into something that may give up the ghost tomorrow, I went for a good value rather than best. IIRC, I bought 4 Monroe Reflex Monotubes from Advance Auto in 2 transactions of $125 reduced $40 each with promo code. So about $170 plus tax or 1/2 the price of the Blistens I was considering.

These may not be the best, but more than adequate for my use and I'm well satisfied. My profile is construction site when not on highway, light hauling in the bed (tools, etc), rare trailer hauling, extended cab full of junk (xtra weight), alot of high speed highway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back