polaris 330 battery drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
last year i bought my wife a brand new polaris 330 trailblazer. this will be the last polaris i ever buy! i knew the old ones had issues but i was told that the new ones were pretty dependable.

not this piece of junk! anyway if it sits for a week or more the battery goes flat. is there a known draw on these? like a computer always on? my z400 sits just as much and still holds 12.60volts.

Not that I know of.

With a meter hooked up, what is the current draw? Until we know what the draw is, or even if there is one to begin with, we are all speculating.

That's a small annoyance that can be easily remedied. Try installing a battery disconnect switch or put it on a battery tender. Also have the battery fully charged and tested, it could have a bad cell.

HOw are you recharging the battery? Fully charging a depleted lead acid battery takes hours and hours, no matter the charging source.

If it has gone dead a few times, its capacity is seriously compromised anyway, especially if it sat dead for a while.

I would prefer to NOT put current through a battery with a shorted cell.

BUt do measure the parasitic draw before replacing the battery.

Also Flooded batteries self discharge ~ 15 percent a month at 75f. AGM much less, as low as 3%

Self Discharge occurs much faster at higher temps and faster as the battery ages. Apple valley is how much hotter than 75F these days?

yes it will start but it should not drop from 12.6 to 12.3 in a week. im going to charge it and take a cable off.if it still drops that means the battery is bad

Better chance its the battery than the Polaris. I have had some garbage batteries in the last couple of years. Brand new battery from China and it died in a month. Unless you buy a name brand Deka. I would question the battery. I have several 330 s and no problems with the battery dying.

Since it hasn't been asked yet...Any aftermarket accessories installed? I had a winch with wireless control on my Scrambler, (exact same machine as yours, but with 4WD and a 500cc engine) and it would drain the battery after sitting for a couple weeks.

Sorry to hear you've been having so many problems with your Polaris. I bought my Scrambler new in 2008. It gets thoroughly abused year round and it's been nothing short of perfect.

Winter:

Summer:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back