Daiya (cheese substitute)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Absolutely demand your money back. It's the only feedback they listen to really.
Most stores offer a satisfaction guarantee and I assume a 'fancy new product' like this one was sold by a big store/chain. Refunding your money won't hurt anybody. You have been hurt.

Make the store take notice of the 'fancy new product' they put out for sale.
Consider it a vote for better food overall.

Now read the ingredients listed on the website. Horrible, congealed oils and flavorings. A true Orwellian foodstuff.

Years ago a friend's brother owned a deli. There was a "salt-free" cheese among the usual cold cuts. That stuff was a similar horror. The dirty food industry will do anything to avoid buying real dairy products when they can assemble things like oils and polymers and get them to harden.

People with dietary restrictions can benefit from eating within and adjusting to those restrictions.
Buying "Look-a-like" foods is asking for trouble. Buy food, not scenery. Kira

I belive this thing is made from vegetable oil and one can find it on cheap frozen pizza here.And yes it's disgusting.

Filtered Water, Tapioca Starch, Palm Fruit Oil, Expeller Pressed Non GMO Canola Oil and/or Expeller Pressed Non GMO Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Pea Protein Isolate, Natural Vegan Flavors, Vegetable Glycerine, Brown Rice Syrup, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid (Vegan, for flavor), Inactive Yeast, Yeast extract, Carrageenan, Titanium Dioxide (a naturally occurring mineral), Vegan Enzyme.

Y U M M Y ! ! !

Do you really need dairy free? or can you just cut by 90% and still have a tiny bit?

If nothing else you can dress up a sandwich with 2 kinds of meat instead of meat/cheese.

maybe experiment with different gourmet condiments.

Last edited:
Sheesh. This reminds me of when my MIL started going "healthy" and thought (among other things) that coffee was the work of the devil. She bought some coffee substitute at the health food store that she thought was an improvement. I looked at the list of ingredients and it was about a mile long, full of roots, berries, plants and other stuff that for the most part I had never heard of before. Coffee of course has been researched and examined and looked at for so long and no one has ever fingered it for being dangerous. But this substitute was full of untested and unresearched stuff, who knows what it would do. When I questioned her about that she said, "It is sold at the health food store. It has to be good for you."

Originally Posted By: Rand
Filtered Water, Tapioca Starch, Palm Fruit Oil, Expeller Pressed Non GMO Canola Oil and/or Expeller Pressed Non GMO Safflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Pea Protein Isolate, Natural Vegan Flavors, Vegetable Glycerine, Brown Rice Syrup, Sea Salt, Xanthan Gum, Lactic Acid (Vegan, for flavor), Inactive Yeast, Yeast extract, Carrageenan, Titanium Dioxide (a naturally occurring mineral), Vegan Enzyme.

What's the driver behind going dairy free?
We are low quality dairy free which seems to agree with my mildly dairy sensitive gut. Stuff like processed cheese and cheap ice cream and yogurt don't agree with me and they taste like khrap anyways, so I don't eat them if I can avoid it.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
What's the driver behind going dairy free?

Oh, just a fantasy of mine to close the loop and go vegan.
grin.gif
I'm already a pescetarian for a few years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back