Your favorite grease for ball joints ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i use Allis Charmers grease from the early 1970's that my dad used i have at least one more case and i never have front end problems due to wear on a grease related joint. We had cases of that stuff when i was a kid and i still have some left now.

Thanks fellas. Looks like I'll be switching over to Sta-Lube SL3110.
smile.gif

Quote:
Automotive applications, ball joints, bearings, chassis points, construction ball & roller bearings, conveyor bearings, disc-brake systems, farm equipment, guides, mining applications, press rolls, roller bearings, slides, wheel bearings.

http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/product_detail.aspx?id=SL3110

I use the pink/red grease from NAPA. Its either NAPA or Valvoline. Ball joints take a chassis grease, its not a high speed application like a front wheel bearing.

Mopar Multi Mileage lube.Its been around since the 1960s.Barium based.The only one of its kind.

I run that red stuff....I think I have some Mystik in the gun right now, but I know I have run some Super Tech in the past...

I use Valvoline Durablend because it meets Ford specs as well as specs for everyone else. Also, it isn't too difficult to find, or too expensive.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Thanks fellas. Looks like I'll be switching over to Sta-Lube SL3110.
smile.gif

Quote:
Automotive applications, ball joints, bearings, chassis points, construction ball & roller bearings, conveyor bearings, disc-brake systems, farm equipment, guides, mining applications, press rolls, roller bearings, slides, wheel bearings.

http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/product_detail.aspx?id=SL3110

Hey that is one of my favorite greases! Let us know how you like it once you start using it.

Whatever's in the gun, never really worried about chassis grease as long as there was grease in it.

Originally Posted By: Donald
I use the pink/red grease from NAPA. Its either NAPA or Valvoline. Ball joints take a chassis grease, its not a high speed application like a front wheel bearing.

Just as an FYI, front (or rear) wheel bearings are NOT considered high speed applications. High speed usually refers to >10,000 RPM. That is roughly 740 MPH for an averaged sized tire, more if you have a larger truck tire
wink.gif

I fill my gun with valvoline synpower. Nice and tacky, doesnt bleed out of my gun, some moly and seems to have markedly better specs than durablend for a few bucks more.

On a side note, has anybody used superlube nlgi2 for chassis grease?

I use anything they throw away from our grease lab, as long as it's a Grade 2, heat-resistant grease with EP additives.

Currently I'm using a bucket of the red Mobil 1 grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back