Pennzoil Ultra 5W-20 - 10,420 miles - 04 F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page_1_04_F150_1.jpg

This is my first UOA on this vehicle, and my first use of Pennzoil Ultra. The truck currently has 182k miles, and looks and runs great. Most of those miles were on standard M1 or Motorcraft 5W-20 and a Motorcraft FL-400S. I used to do my daily commute in it (moderate highway driving), until I bought my used Jetta TDI last year.

I should point out that this OCI ran 9 months through the bitter cold we had in Wisconsin last winter. And, the filter in this interval was a NAPA Platinum (Wix XP) with the claimed 50% efficiency at 20 microns. I plan to post pics of the dissected filter in the coming weeks.

Other than the possibility of some oxidative thickening, looks great, and thanks for posting.

Originally Posted By: Barkleymut
Looks like you replaced the Ultra with Amsoil XL according to your sig. Are you planning on running another analysis?

Yes, I plan to run another approximately 1 year and/or 10k miles and do a UOA.

I'll anticipate the next question, and say that before hanging out on BITOG I used M1 and Motorcraft oil out of habit. Nothing wrong with either of those, they are excellent oils, and they brought both of my Fords to the mileage they are at today with no problems whatsoever. But since I started coming here to learn about lubrication, the oil and filter thing has kind of become a minor hobby with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back