CRC - Wow that stuff works

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we bought a new-to us 09 Audi a4 quatro.
I have used gumout/ All in one - CT cleaner - and this product by CRC called guaranteed to pass -

The CRC product produced the most noticeable difference in throttle response and acceleration.
according to the MSDS - it has a very high concentration of amines.

Anyway - two thumbs up.

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
PolyeTHER amine?sound like a type of plastic.in an engine?what could go wrong?rofl

Fixed...

Polyester amine?sound like a type of plastic.in an engine?what could go wrong?rofl

Dude.

I suggest actually reading posts. Might prevent the foot in mouth issue most of your posts seem to include.
Using capital letters,and a handle on the English language will improve comprehension for us readers too,since I truly cannot understand most of what you are trying to get across

Polyester amine? Sounds like a type of plastic. In an engine? What could go wrong? ROFL

Translated with the spacebar and shift key you missed!

I too dismissed it - found it online through some audi forum's.....
I will report back later - I still can't believe how the engine is driving------like new.

Have a good night.

I was just at O'reilly and saw some on the shelf, they had 2 boxes with the bottle in it pretty dusty on top, bottles have date codes that appaer to be 2003 possibly with numbers "11103" on them unless its 103 rd day of 2011 it's 111th day of 2003. I looked all over the box for coptyright dates and found that says 2006, so i am leaning on 2011 date code, but hoping that being that old it won't have settled too much like the Gumout i saw.

I am going to check other stores and compare date codes to see if i can get a fresher batch.

It was starting to become very sluggish and a little jumpy when accelerating. We bought it used - and from someone who never herd of BITOG - she was a little used and abused, crummy gas and very longgggggggg OCI's.

I honestly feel that the car is driving like it should after 150kms of CRC.
Note - I also used gumout and a canadian tire injector product - both claim to use PEA in their mix. But CRC made the most noticeable difference.

Wal-Mart has it for $7.00. CRC makes no bad products. I use them exclusively on my boat. If you want to try a good spray lube get some CRC 656.

I always had good luck with their products, for automotive, marine, and with firearms.

Used my $5 off coupon at O'reilly and got a bottle of the CRC complete fuel system cleaner, "Guaranteed to pass" and out the door for $7.41. I don't expect to feel anything but we'll see. I have a PEA addiction.

This is the only PEA based cleaner that I have yet to try. I am in the same boat as you and have soft spot for PEA based cleaners in my heart. Techron, Redline, Gumout Regane, 3M, Toyota, you name it and I have a stock of them in my basement.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
This is the only PEA based cleaner that I have yet to try. I am in the same boat as you and have soft spot for PEA based cleaners in my heart. Techron, Redline, Gumout Regane, 3M, Toyota, you name it and I have a stock of them in my basement.

Tried this one yet?

p1.jpg

Originally Posted By: badtlc
It does say 25-35%

http://www.crcindustries.com/faxdocs/msds/5063.pdf

I always dismissed this stuff as some cheap [censored] when I saw it at walmart. I might try it out.

I can't find anyones data sheet with higher numbers except Redline which states 30-50%. The 3M stuff only states 5-15%

Couldn't locate Techron or Gumout, but hopefully the Gumout QA will give us more insight.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
Tried this one yet?

p1.jpg

Is that on the shelf at most Scoobie dealers, or is it an online only item??
Either way, how much (cost AND actual PEA content)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back