Please convince me this is not borderline retarded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Andy636
Originally Posted By: uc50ic4more
A $360 6' power cord. Checkmate.

Just add any Monster cable...never understood why people would spend thousands on Monster cables

Famously (among audiophiles), an A/B/X experiment was conducted some years ago using speaker wire ranging from hundreds of dollars per metre, a "standard" wire, and some **untwisted coat hangers**; and most of the "audiophiles" were unable to discern the difference.

EDIT: I found this one from '08 testing coat hangers vasus Monster Cable - http://www.engadget.com/2008/03/03/audiophiles-cant-tell-the-difference-between-monster-cable-and/

Last edited:
Glad to know that, Andy 636, My work van is a 2011. I should look at the sticker. It is adequate for what I do, but the field techs, aren't impressed. We're due to get new TCs tis year. The new ones look to be lower and maybe longer with better shelving. The TC has filled the vacuum left from the demise of the Ranger. I have been accosted by strangers asking me about the TC several times.

Originally Posted By: Andy636

Just add any Monster cable...never understood why people would spend thousands on Monster cables

That's because just like Boxe speakers, Noel Lea figured that he can impress you enuf to fall for that hip/cool name called "Munster CAble", and have a lawyer's team in his office on standby, ready to sue anyone who comes along (just like Boxe speakers) with even a slightly remotely familiar name that rhymes with munster....

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB123869022704882969

Q.

Originally Posted By: andyd
Glad to know that, Andy 636, My work van is a 2011. I should look at the sticker. It is adequate for what I do, but the field techs, aren't impressed. We're due to get new TCs tis year. The new ones look to be lower and maybe longer with better shelving. The TC has filled the vacuum left from the demise of the Ranger. I have been accosted by strangers asking me about the TC several times.

I strongly considered a TC but it wasn't available in a manual transmission.

Probably not the best DD for a (at the time) 23 year old , but it was so practical for the work I was doing at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back