Electric bike from Harley Davidson

Status
Not open for further replies.
It appears like Harley is going to enter the electric motorcycle market. I'm not sure what I'm more excited about, the details or the comments that will soon follow.

http://www.rushlane.com/harley-davidson-electric-motorcycle-12122340.html

I think it looks pretty good.
960x573xHarley-Davidson-electric-motorcycle.jpg.pagespeed.ic.15YBrZ5DBx.jpg

Last edited:
Good looking bike. Without all the noise though it may cause a HD faithful crisis, I guess the typical HD rider could chrome the entire bike and wear electrified, illuminated special HD clothing so that people will still notice them.

Last edited:
The HD website cant handle the amount of people looking at that bike as I write this!
I knew Harley would eventually make a motorcycle with an automatic transmission! I've been wanting HD to offer more for years!

It does look good, BUT if sales tend to dilute the "brand", H-D will drop it like a bad transmission. H-D as a company is trapped, in my opinion. They were overjoyed to crank out copy after copy of chrome-adorned vibrators as long as people lined up at the trough. 8 out of 10 bikes I see on my daily commute are H-D's now. Most people that wanted one have one and their sales reflect that. IMHO H-D corporate won't break out of the old tech mold for fear of alienating their base that expects a certain look, feel, sound. I'm not bashing H-D riders at all. They're paying for a style, an image. Not for a modern motorcycle. That's what they want and H-D is glad to keep shoving Fatbob Porkglide DynaPaintshakers into the showrooms. As long as the sales numbers are there.

That's a pretty good looking bike. I've never been able to say that about a Harley before. And it doesn't have that annoying potato sound. Harley just might be on to something. Now if they could just extend the range beyond 70 miles that would be awesome.

Given the engine designs of the new 500 and 750 street, I think Harley has finally realized that they need to modernize their designs before they fade away. I think they are finally headed in the right direction.

Originally Posted By: 29662
That's a pretty good looking bike. I've never been able to say that about a Harley before. And it doesn't have that annoying potato sound. Harley just might be on to something. Now if they could just extend the range beyond 70 miles that would be awesome.

Given the engine designs of the new 500 and 750 street, I think Harley has finally realized that they need to modernize their designs before they fade away. I think they are finally headed in the right direction.

I think you're right.

The only problem I see is where are you supposed to attach the over sized Old Glory, POW/MIA and "Dont Thread On Me" flags?

Dave.jpg

Last edited:
Finally a Current Harley...

How many lithium battery packs do you need to equal the energy in 5 gallons of gas??? answer 80
MotoczyszElectricRacer_zpsda1cc35e.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back