Son joined the Army today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GreeCguy
Just got off the phone with my son. He called to tell me he joined the Army today. With everything going on in the world today, please keep him in your prayers.

You bet we will keep him in our prayers. Please tell him from us, "Thank you for your service to our country."

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
You bet we will keep him in our prayers. Please tell him from us, "Thank you for your service to our country."

Amen. Or whatever equivalent a nonbeliever can offer.

GreeCguy, anyone who serves has our respect. Please wish him the best for us.

Thank him for his service on my behalf. It is guys just like him that make it possible for the rest of us to be keyboard jockeys on forums just like this...

Thank him for his service. Boot camp will be a challenge. Tell him to keep focused on his goals through those challenges.

What was his ASVAB score?

I would have gone Air Force first choice, then Navy, then Army.

Army has let in too many people with waivers, no high school diploma (dumb as a post), or criminals (rapists, thieves, and / or no moral fiber) in order to meet recruiting quotas...

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats

Army has let in too many people with waivers, no high school diploma (dumb as a post), or criminals (rapists, thieves, and / or no moral fiber) in order to meet recruiting quotas...

So...GreeCee's son should rise to the top quickly, then....right?

All of the services have pros/cons...it's not as simple as, "USAF is best"...it depends on the young man's goals and preferences....

You are full of [censored] mattwithcats. I served in the Army for 26 + years. Potential recruits are screened, drug tested, background checked, etc prior to entry into any service these days. We did not want them then and we do not want them now for many reasons you may not understand.

I will not say we always got the cream of the crop of students. We did not. However, we could get some really great Americans that did and still do serve their country proudly. They do not need you or want you saying stupid stuff on any forum like you just did. Many of us deployed overseas many times and are proud of our service. We do not need you belittling our efforts.

Our armed forces members put themselves and their families in hardships from time to time. Their pay is not always enough to pay all their bills. Still they go to work and do their job. Their wives are left at home to take care of children, manage a household and keep the family together. They do not always get the thanks they deserve.

If a service member is not doing his or her job, they can and will be eliminated from the armed forces. Or may get some further training if necessary. We have been drawing down our armed forces and do not have positions for the type people you describe. You are simply ignorant in your way of thinking. Please do not belittle those who serve.

I am proud to have served and now retired. I am proud of my country and I am proud of those who serve today. I can NOT say the same about you because of your comments.

God bless my service members. I continue to pay taxes gladly, salute my service members, tell them face to face thank you for their service, and buy them a meal when I can. Maybe you should look into organizations such as Army Emergency Relief, USO, and other type organizations to either financially support them or maybe even better, go out and volunteer some of your precious time and meet some of them personally and then report back to us the type of people you meet in OUR Armed Forces. I bet you will change your position and thoughts.

Think about that please.

I am concerned about you.

And CreecGuy, Tell your son I am proud of him for serving and wish him all the best. Gods speed and may an angel watch over him

Originally Posted By: mattwithcats

fool and completely 110% incorrect.

Last edited:
GreeCguy,

I can only imagine the emotions you must be feeling --immense pride mixed with a good measure of concern. You raised him right. He will be fine. As toneydoc so eloquently stated, the US Army is a first rate organization. They will make sure your son succeeds. I will keep him in my prayers.

Gary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back