Mobil Super Synthetic

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see AAP has this stuff on sale for $25 for 5 qts. online with free store pick up. I've not seen it before but have used Mobil Super Dino in 01 Cherokee 4.0 and it's good stuff.
Is Mobil not crowding their own product line with this and M1?

Not worth it when M1 can be had for the same price. MSS fits a niche between MS5K and M1, but the price point does not justify its existence.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Not worth it when M1 can be had for the same price. MSS fits a niche between MS5K and M1, but the price point does not justify its existence.

I agree.

If this oil were available for lets say $18 for the 5 qt. jug at WM I might consider it but otherwise I don't see the point of it....

Originally Posted By: pbm

I agree.

If this oil were available for lets say $18 for the 5 qt. jug at WM I might consider it but otherwise I don't see the point of it....

Also Agree.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Originally Posted By: pbm

I agree.

Also Agree.

Me four. When MSS was introduced wondered if it was going to be similar to Mobil Clean 7500, ie., rarely seen and overpriced. It's turned out that way.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Mobil 1 is $22.XX at Wal-Mart. At that price point, I don't understand why the product even exist.

Many people don't buy their oil at Walmart. The Super Synthetic is well priced for parts stores who tend to overprice Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Many people don't buy their oil at Walmart. The Super Synthetic is well priced for parts stores who tend to overprice Mobil 1.

I'm aware that people shop at different places. If you have a Wal-Mart 2 miles away and a parts store 2 miles away, won't you spend less buying your oil at Wal-Mart? That is all I was saying.

Definitely go with the regular M1 5 quart jug from WM. I honestly don't see how parts chains stay in business with their overpriced leaky faded old crushed oil.

Walmart has definitely replaced auto parts stores for things like wiper blades, oil, coolant, etc., just like the hit they have done on grocery stores. Juggernaut.

I bought a few 5qt jugs of the Mobil Super Synthetic a few years back only because I got it on sale for $17 a jug. All of them were 5w30. Just put this in my wife's Subaru the other day.

I'm sure it would make more sense in a world without Walmart's rollbacks and strange pricing.
wink.gif
Perhaps Mobil could relegate it to a bulk only product, like Mobil Super 3000 up here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back