Did OC last week on the Accord, Peak and A01

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did an OC on the Accord last week. Out went Valvoline NextGen 5W-20 and Honda A01. In went Peak Conventional 5W-20 with a Honda A01.

Had 4.7k and some change on the OC. Wanted it changed as we're going camping this weekend and in a few weeks. Plan to go about 5k on this too.

Valvoline and the Peak were bought for around $10/5qts. That's my goal or the time I buy oil - when a decent conventional is being sold for around or under $10, or when I can get a Syn. for around or under $15-$18.

The K24 seems happy. Mine tends to use about a 1/2 - 3/4 of a quart throughout a 5k OCI. Peak is good oil, WPP makes good stuff.

Originally Posted By: redhat
Valvoline and the Peak were bought for around $10/5qts.

Wow, good deal. Whereabouts? Was it just a sale price or after rebate?

And yes, before anyone jumps on me, I realize they would not be current deals. I'm just curious.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Pics of the A01 cut open please!

I would put some pictures up but I didn't take any. I did cut it open with a cut off wheel and wound up with the usual metal bits inside the filter.

Construction held up superb. I really like these filters. I also run a filtermag and it did have some sitting where the magnet is.

Next time.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Bottom_Feeder
Originally Posted By: redhat
Valvoline and the Peak were bought for around $10/5qts.

Wow, good deal. Whereabouts? Was it just a sale price or after rebate?

And yes, before anyone jumps on me, I realize they would not be current deals. I'm just curious.

PepBoys/Walmart were clearance their nextgen and the peak was on-sale at Valu home centers.

Also, at PepBoys this past November, part of their Black Friday sale, I got:

2x 5qts Pennzoil Conv. 5W-20 + Purolator Classic for $10 after MIR
2x 5qts Quaker State Conv. 5W-20 + Purolator Classic for $10 after MIR
2x 5qts Valvoline Conv. 5W-20 + Purolator Classic for $10 after MIR

I kept all of the oil but got Purolator L10111's and gave them to my Mom and Dad. They'll use them on the Grand Prix's 3.8 or the '95 S10.

Peak is good stuff.

I currently have 5W-20 Peak dino in my older Camry.

I have also used 0W-20 Peak synthetic in the Camry and was pleased with its performance.

I like your approach on the dollar driven selection.

Nothing beats a bargain/closeout deal on some good quality motor oil and a house brand filter.

Got 11 5 quart+ jugs on price mistake from AZ last year for $3 each....rare glitch. Haven't used it yet but hear good things about it.

Last edited:
I got 14 jugs of that wonder juice in the 5w-30 flavor thanks to that heads up from 99saturn. I just did the 4th oil change with Peak Performance on my brother's poor old Grand Caravan. He said it runs with more power now and the leaks are significantly minimized. Thanks Danica!

* I did use CD2 on the last two oil changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back