Dumonde ATV/Motorcycle Oils

Status
Not open for further replies.
First post, but have been a lurker for over 5 years benefiting from the great knowledge on this site.

Anyone ever performed an analysis on the stuff.

I have been told that back to back dyno runs utilizing Dumonde ATV4 (10W40) vs other comparable ATV oils (Bellray, Motul, etc) that the Dumonde has made more power.

Not to mention that the engine builder has said after more than 1,000+ rebuilds that the Dumonde has offered better wear protection.

I would like to validate those claims with actual analysis results if available.

Here is a link to the Dumonde Product. Not much info out there on it.

http://www.dumondetech.com/

I like the comments of someone saying how good the engine looked when taken apart and than saying I only replaced the rings.

Their bicycle chain lube has a great reputation in the mountain biking community. But that's a long way from an IC powersport oil. I'd like to see a voa of this oil just to see what's in it, their website offers very little info. Also there seem to be no dealers outside of the PNW.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
If it offered "better wear protection", why is he doing so many rebuilds?.,,

Building engines is what he did for a living. Most of us could not leave good enough alone. Constant piston up grades, upgrades to porting, longer cranks, big bore kits, bigger valves, etc. Fast enough was never fast enough.

And when engines are 14+ to 1 compression ratios running very high octane oxygenated fuel, something is bound to go BOOM after a season of abuse.

I am asking for real world analysis, not arriving at an opinion based on personal preference of gut feelings.

Well, my engine builder doesn't recommend a particular oil. But he told me once that he has a customer that runs Dumonde Tech and really likes it. He judges oils by taking the temp on the clutch side cover after an hour long XC race. According to him the Dumonde Tech oil runs cooler than other oils he's seen.

That's all I know about it. I looked at the website when I heard of it and decided it was too expensive for me to try. It would have to be truely and excellent oil to justify the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back