Nissan still allowing 7500 mile oil changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I talked to my dealer while in for my free change. They said that the move to 5000 was just because of how many questions they got from people unsure if they should be changing 3500 or 7500. Apparently if you use a quality synthetic and have the dealer change it they will warranty 7500 mile changes on the car still unless the dealer thinks you should move to the 5000 or 3500 plan.

SO really they are leaving it up to the dealers descression.

5000 or 6 month .car dealer know car buyer usually change oil in spring (thaw time)or in automn (after harvest ,before winter.same time as tire change)

Well if you read your owners manual previous nissans required 3750mi severe service, 7500 normal schedule oil changes

the 2014 schedule (which includes your altima)
requires 5000 mile oil changes.

so I would just say your service writer mechanic's secretary

is just spouting whatever... they frequently do this... There are some good ones but they are in the extreme minority.
http://media.tkcarsites.com/Local/3021/Files/14Nissan-Service-Maintenance-Guide.pdf

Originally Posted By: Rand
Well if you read your owners manual previous nissans required 3750mi severe service, 7500 normal schedule oil changes

the 2014 schedule (which includes your altima)
requires 5000 mile oil changes.

so I would just say your service writer mechanic's secretary

is just spouting whatever... they frequently do this... There are some good ones but they are in the extreme minority.
http://media.tkcarsites.com/Local/3021/Files/14Nissan-Service-Maintenance-Guide.pdf

I know that, but when I asked, and it was the guy doing the work. He said they manager had teh same question ad that was what he was told from his heads.

HOW MANY MILES IS THE ALTIMA DRIVEN A YEAR? If under 15,000 I'd just do spring/fall o.c. with a real synthetic - Like Yvon had stated so eloquently.

Quote:
Apparently if you use a quality synthetic and have the dealer change it they will warranty 7500 mile changes on the car still unless the dealer thinks you should move to the 5000 or 3500 plan.
If the warranty provisions aren't in writing, they aren't real. There are extremely few engine oil recommendations that give you anything extra for using synthetic oil...1--they don't what your driving conditions are, 2--the lowest grades of oil legally marketed as "synthetic" are nothing special.

they CAN NOT deny warranty for extended drain intervals unless its direct cause of failure.

the mileages in owners manual is what they SUGGEST.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back