Toyota Air Bag Recall

Status
Not open for further replies.

ls1mike

$50 Site Donor 2024
Not sure if this had been posted, did not see it The site I get these from is pretty good, and I would post the GM recalls, but this place always beats me to it!
smile.gif

Get you air bags checked!

Air bag recall

My dad has an '04 Tundra. He's going to the dealer for a TB/WP soon so they'll probably fill him in on whether his VIN is affected.

Kinda spooky though, I've spent a lot of time in that right seat. Glad I'm not filled with airbag shrapnel...

Only 2 responses to a Toyota recall. Call me crazy, but it fells like there's a bias at this site.

Originally Posted By: morepwr
Remember when Toyota and GM competed to sell the most cars instead of most recalls?

GM is winning that this year, easily... Most recalls that is.

Originally Posted By: whip
Only 2 responses to a Toyota recall. Call me crazy, but it fells like there's a bias at this site.

There's likely a bias right now at this site. Trashing GM is the "popular" thing to do, so folks are pretty quick to jump on that train. I remember, a few years ago, when you couldn't mention "Toyota" here without starting an 8 page thread on why they were a worthless company for hiding accelerator pedal problems and designing trucks that would rust when you looked the other way. Lots of "Toyota: Unintentionally Moving Forward" jokes. Or a picture of a Stop sign (except for Toyotas!).

stop_sign_gif_im_not_speeding_its_my_toyota_bumper_sticker-r09e22c14469b4af0bbe2101f776ea759_v9wht_8byvr_512.jpg

It's no different than people bagging on Fram orange cans o' death a few years ago...and Champ "e cores" before that...and now Purolator is the whipping boy du jour. Next year, Wix'll do something that nobody likes.

BITOG is the poster child for the notion of "group think". Whatever is popular at the time is what gets +1'd to death...

It isn't Toyota's fault they are recalling vehicles. It is GM and Chrysler's fault.

The hate seems to go around on this site. One day everyone hates Toyota, next day Honda, and today it seems it's GM. Round and Round...

Originally Posted By: hypervish
The hate seems to go around on this site. One day everyone hates Toyota, next day Honda, and today it seems it's GM. Round and Round...

Fair and balanced, giving everyone a turn to be hated.

In this case a supplier screwed up, if I am reading it correctly. Toyota should do more quality checks, but it sounds like a supplier issue which might have slipped thro the cracks.

Originally Posted By: hypervish

Don't forget how much hate VW gets, those threads can get more intense than many Honda or Toyota threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back