Just bought some Honda Blend 0w20....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well the Mazda Moly 0w20 deal I posted about a couple days ago fell through. Amazon had the price of the 12 quart case listed at $7.99 plus $16 in shipping. All was going well until yesterday when the order was cancelled. I email the seller and Amazon and it was decided that It would be cancelled, no if ands or buts. They did however, issue me a $20 Amazon credit that is only applicable for the Amazon warehouse, not good for third party sellers. I also had some $$ to spend on Amazon from accrued rewards points, so I just purchased 5 quarts of Honda Genuine Syn Blend 0w20 SN (Conoco Phillips made). First time using Honda oil, also the first time I will be using anything other than a full synthetic! I know its not on par with some other OEM oils but I have no doubt it will be up to the task of my 5-6 month OCI. It will be used with a Fram Ultra oil filter from August-December/January. Oh! The grand total of my order was $9.54 to be shipped to my door in 2 days. That, along with the Fram Ultra came to about $18 and some change. Not a bad price for an oil change...still want try try Mazda Moly 0w20, maybe some day
wink.gif
I will have the Honda oil analysed and will post it here on BITOG.

Last edited:
I think it'll do just fine. And that deal may have fell through but a free 20 bucks is a free 20 bucks man, nice! You got a great deal on this purchase, kudos.

Originally Posted By: HKPolice
From what I remember, only 20% synthetic is required for it to be labeled as a "blend"

I have never heard an actual % requirement to be called a blend. Either way this oil qualifies as a 0w20 and its SN ILSAC GF-5 so it should do the job just fine.

Much better oil choice for you than TGMO. Since the oil will only have a few thousand miles on it before being dumped.

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Much better oil choice for you than TGMO. Since the oil will only have a few thousand miles on it before being dumped.

Nah - I think Greg is going 5000 miles these days, he's starting to wise up. The Honda blend will be fine for what he does.

I don't know what the deal is with Honda USA carrying a blend and full syn version of the 0W-20 grade.
We have VOAs of both oils and there is virtually
no difference between them including having statistically the same VIs; 176 and 177 respectively.
It may just be some sort of marketing play. I understand the price difference is minor also.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Originally Posted By: satinsilver

Nah - I think Greg is going 5000 miles these days, he's starting to wise up. The Honda blend will be fine for what he does.

Yes, yout are right. Thanks for sticking up for me. When I came to this site I was doing 3k/3m oci's at a local shop. I have extended that to 5-6 month oci's. It's not easy to get used to that's for sure. Especially with the short tripping that I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back