MONDAY Funday oil change!

Status
Not open for further replies.
10407692_10152268557543759_7982972239625398537_n.jpg

10434267_10152268557938759_587482037668760129_n.jpg

Hey all! decided to change the oil in the Prius tonight. Formula Shell 5w30 for the car and some Busch beer for the man. It was A nice night for an oil change, a cool breeze and 74*F. Put in a wix style microgard too.

Thought I'd share!

spilled too much oil!

IT WAS REALLY HOT here in st. louis :(, I opened up an engine completely, have to get this crank "turned" so hopefully we will see what happens.

Any reason you're using 5w30? Weren't the 1NZ-FXE Priusi back spec'ed to 5w20? I only know this because I have a Yaris with the 1NZ-FE which wasn't back spec'ed to 5w20 with all the other Toyotas, all though many Yari owners have used 5w20 with no problems.

Nice, that's perfect weather for a quick oil change in the drive way. My next oil change will be in August/September, and I'm just hoping there's not a heat wave going through when it's time to change it.

Originally Posted By: NeuroticHapiSnak
Any reason you're using 5w30? Weren't the 1NZ-FXE Priusi back spec'ed to 5w20? I only know this because I have a Yaris with the 1NZ-FE which wasn't back spec'ed to 5w20 with all the other Toyotas, all though many Yari owners have used 5w20 with no problems.

Mmmm, my manual states 5w30. I've mostly used that with good results (uoa's with low wear). 5w20 oil no matter the brand seems to stir up more of a racket in the engine for some reason. I'll probably stick with what works.

Two points of misinformation:

1. Back spec'ed doesn't mean you HAVE to use the new oil, it just means that it is acceptable. 5W-30 is a perfect weight for this vehicle.

2. Every 1NZ motor (both ECHO and Yaris) have been approved for 20 weight oils. Check the TGMO Application Chart.

Originally Posted By: CELICA_XX

Two points of misinformation:

1. Back spec'ed doesn't mean you HAVE to use the new oil, it just means that it is acceptable. 5W-30 is a perfect weight for this vehicle.

2. Every 1NZ motor (both ECHO and Yaris) have been approved for 20 weight oils. Check the TGMO Application Chart.

Only the fake canada chart says that the 1NZ-FE has been approved for 5w-20. There is no TSB within TIS that is showing the info. 5w-30 is the correct oil for the 04-09 Prius.

Originally Posted By: Turk
I see 1 quart oil & 1 beer.

So, was it 4 quarts & 4 beers??
smile.gif

I like the way you think.

smile.gif

Something like that... :)

Haha you`re just like me! I always celebrate an oil change with a few coldies :^) Usually one while I`m draining it,one while it`s draining,and one after it`s all bolted back up :^D

smile.gif

I like Turk`s way!!
cheers3.gif
10.gif

Originally Posted By: demarpaint

smile.gif

I like the way you think.

How does that old Redneck Last Words thing go? "Here, hold my beer an' watch this!"

I WISH I could have 74 degrees at any time in June. . . .

Originally Posted By: The Critic
There is no TSB within TIS that is showing the info.

Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) #EG018-06

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back