Purolator Synthetic PSL20195 Cutopen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pleats look a big distressed due to a 30K OCI, but overall not too bad. A 30K FCI is 3 times the rated 10K from Purolator.

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Pleats look a big distressed due to a 30K OCI, but overall not too bad. A 30K FCI is 3 times the rated 10K from Purolator.

I've noticed the pleats on purolator synthetics just look non-uniform. I cutopen a 20k,~3k, and brand new in one of my older posts. The pleats look pretty similar between the ~3k and 20k FCIs.
Even though there are no tears I still feel like the Fram Ultra has better construction overall. Once I finish out my stash I'll run Ultra's exclusively. (waiting for gregk24 to rejoice)

here's a link to the ~3k,20k,new comparison I did.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...246#Post3156011

Thanks for cutting and posting these pictures and pictures of another PS at 20k miles.

If Purolator Synthetic is looking not so good in both 20k and 30k pictures, I wonder how the low end filters such as Fram Extra Guard, Pep Boys Proline, STP ... looked after 17-20k ? That was the FCI of those filter in my 1994 LS400.

30,000 miles? You lead a charmed life. Lol. What's an FCI?

Anyways, it looks exceptionally well for 30,000 miles nonetheless. Aren't these wire backed? I too would be interested to see the ultra or even the RP.

These Purolater synthetic filters look really bad. I would never run one. There are a lot of better choices out there for the cost.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
What's an FCI?

FCI = Filter Change Interval

OCI = Oil Change Interval

Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Thanks for cutting and posting, but I believe it's unsound logic to run this filter for 30K miles, especially in a premier vehicle like a Land Cruiser. BTW I've owned two.

It's an oversized filter. That was my "logic" behind the 30k FCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back