95 ford f250 plugs wires and cap and rotor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought this pickup 2 years ago. the truck had 9,000 miles on it. the guy that owned it passed away many years ago and his wife had the truck in her garage for years. . It sat there for years until she decided to put it outside for the last year or 2 before I got it. Needless to say the mice got into some things. When I got the truck I needed to change all the fluids and filters. I changed the fuel lines because of the mice ate through some of them. Anyways now the truck has 46,000 miles and I was wondering if I should change the plugs and wires and rotor and cap. Ive done everything else but those items.

The truck starts up without a hesitation. runs like a champ but I was thinking because of the age and time on it now, I should do it. Idk maybe im being foolish but I tend to think its time.

Does this also have the dreaded TFT ignition module/ ignitor that goes to pot all the time? Might want to carry a spare, genuine Motorcraft.

eljelfino I have no idea what your talking about. please fill me in hear. its a 95 f250 2 wheel drive heavy duty setup for a camper. its got a 5.8 v8. FI

How hard is it to remove for inspection rotor and cap ? If it's in good condition then keep it. The spark plug wires can lasted more than 200-300k miles, replace only when needed.

Thanks eljefino, ill have to take a look and see what I got. Ive never had a problem with the truck not starting hot or cold so far so good but that's nice to know just incase I do have it on the truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back