2000 Audi S4 - 8943mi - Rotella T6 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great oil report from my 300k+ mile motor.
smile.gif

AUDI%20B5S4-041114.jpg

MAN, what a great report at such high miles!!

... and look at that TBN
thumbsup2.gif

Excellent report, especially for the mileage. TBN was still very strong, did you use any make-up oil during this run?

This is amazing. Not the report per say, but the fact you have 300k on this engine and car. Audi's are not know for there extreme long life. I have to ask, how much in maintenance do you think you have in this car? Any transmissions? Radiators? Air Conditioner compressors?

Very nice. You are not abusing this engine in the least. A friend of my sons managed to blow up his S4 that was much newer than yours. (high RPM rod failure - oil pan ventilated)

Why not extend the change interval? Wear metals are low, TBN is still strong, and viscosity is still showing as a healthy 40. Try 12k miles as a first step.

Originally Posted By: rodinator1234
This is amazing. Not the report per say, but the fact you have 300k on this engine and car. Audi's are not know for there extreme long life. I have to ask, how much in maintenance do you think you have in this car? Any transmissions? Radiators? Air Conditioner compressors?

My car is one of three B5S4s with 300k+ miles on the odometer in the US that I'm aware of and the first to get to 300k. I do all of my own maintenance save for alignments and tire mounting/balancing so that has kept costs down greatly. Regular wear items have been replaced such as, CV boots, tie rods, control arms and bushings, wheel bearings, fuel pump, etc but I have replaced some other things as well. The radiator was replaced with a lesser used unit, center drive shaft was swapped for a rebuilt one, alternator and battery have been replaced twice, the motor and transmission mounts were new as well. That covers everything I believe. The clutch and turbos are original to the car as far as I know. I am the third owner since 110k.

I'm not necessarily looking for a long interval. Usually I will switch to a thinner oil for the winter months so my samples are taken twice a year regardless of mileage.

My car is one of three B5S4s with 300k+ miles on the odometer in the US that I'm aware of and the first to get to 300k. I do all of my own maintenance save for alignments and tire mounting/balancing so that has kept costs down greatly. Regular wear items have been replaced such as, CV boots, tie rods, control arms and bushings, wheel bearings, fuel pump, etc but I have replaced some other things as well. The radiator was replaced with a lesser used unit, center drive shaft was swapped for a rebuilt one, alternator and battery have been replaced twice, the motor and transmission mounts were new as well. That covers everything I believe. The clutch and turbos are original to the car as far as I know. I am the third owner since 110k.

That's really not much in the grand scheme of things. I have always liked those cars.

Very impressive! I'm at 174k miles on my 2.7t, and it too shows no signs of slowing down. Still on the original KO3s, too.

I don't recall if you're running a tune or not. I have been for about 50k miles now.

Originally Posted By: rodinator1234

They are not known as high-mileage cars in the U.S. In Europe I saw Audi's with 400-500K's.
Key is understanding maintenance of these cars.
If you change oil in 10 minute oil change places they will not last long. If it is DIY and you use oils like T6, then they will last forever.

Originally Posted By: threeputtpar
Very impressive! I'm at 174k miles on my 2.7t, and it too shows no signs of slowing down. Still on the original KO3s, too.

I don't recall if you're running a tune or not. I have been for about 50k miles now.

Congrats on the mileage! No tune for me just some gutted pre-cats and non-resonated factory exhaust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back