World Cup 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opening match between Brazil and Croatia of 2014 World Cup started today. Final match is a month away.

Anyone without cable or satellite can watch most matches on Mexican channel. ABC has some matches on weekend and the final.

I like the fancy World Cup designs they are putting on the Bud Light bottles. This pretty much sums up my interest. Lol.

Wouldn't mind seeing Rio sometime in my lifetime though..

WOW! I did not expect to find soccer fans on BITOG! LOL!

Croatia went up 1-nil, but keep in mind it was an own goal. Neymar and Brazil will likely roll in the 2nd half.

I love soccer better than any other sport, one of the reason is it's so hard to score a goal in soccer, therefore many matches ended with a total of 2 goals or less.

Brazil ended up win the opening match with 3:1 score, Neymar's goal is fairly nice but not as good as some goals he scored last year in the Federation cup.

Of all the World Cup teams in the last 60 years or so, I like these teams best: Brazil 1958, 1970 and 1982 and Netherlands 1974 and 1978. Netherlands of those years was better than anyone but unfortunately they faced the host countries in the final matches and lost.

Brazil beat Crotia 3-1, but IMO, they didn't look that good. I doubt if they have any chance to win the cup.

I'm thinking the the Germans might be the team to beat.

I only saw the first 10 minuits of the game, but I would not write off the home team Brazil. They will play better as it goes on.

I like Germany, too, but with an injured star, it hurts their chances.

Just between us......watch out for.....SPAIN!

Don't ever come to Europe and call it soccer...we are loving people but I assure you someone will beat you to death...LOL

Originally Posted By: Andy636
Don't ever come to Europe and call it soccer...we are loving people but I assure you someone will beat you to death...LOL

crackmeup2.gif

I know. Everybody in the world call it football, but we have our own football version, so a new name "SOCCER" was invented many years ago.

Our football in America is actually has more hand actions than foot.

I think these 4 teams have the most chance to win it all: Brazil, Spain, Germany and Argentina. Other teams have very remote chance at best.

Originally Posted By: Andy636

Hey Andy, my daughters will be flying in on the 27th. First stop, Targu Mures.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
My picks for tomorrow: Mexico, Netherlands and Chile.
My picks for Saturday: Colombia, Uruguay and England.

Netherlands to beat Spain? Upset special right there.

Saturday, I say Columbia, Uruguay, Italy, Japan.

I was in Ireland in 2006 & 2007 training Medical Device Engineers on robotic processes (to of course lose my job to them...) and got to love Football & Rugby.

It's also great as they go a long time without any commercial interruptions!
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

No, Spain wasn't beaten, they were murdered by a much better team.

5-1 in soccer is similar to 100-10 in football, and Spain got a penalty kick they didn't deserve. Score a goal in soccer is much harder than a touch down in football.

The term "soccer" is actually an English, from England, term for the game. It comes from the real name of the sport which is "Association Football." Soccer came from the "soc" in association.

My prediction was right for Friday matches ! Hooray !

Originally Posted By: gfh77665

No, Spain wasn't beaten, they were murdered by a much better team.

5-1 in soccer is similar to 100-10 in football, and Spain got a penalty kick they didn't deserve. Score a goal in soccer is much harder than a touch down in football.

You are right I BLEW that pick, LOL. Spain was murdered, and I am in shock, not over the loss, but the margin.

I didn't see the game, I was traveling all day so I have no idea what happened.

Lets see if I can salvage something tomorrow:

Saturday, June 14

11:30 a.m. - Colombia vs. Greece, ABC
2:30 p.m. - Uruguay vs. Costa Rica, ABC
5:30 p.m. - England vs. Italy, ESPN
8:30 p.m. - Ivory Coast vs. Japan, ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back