Severe hail damage home fix ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
You're not saving oodles of money by not having full coverage. Put full coverage on, wait for another hail storm in a few months or next year then claim it.

So what do you do with the question "is there any unrepaired damage on the vehicle ?"

I think that's Insurance fraud.

What if you answered the question honestly and admitted there was prior hail damage? Would the insurance company just refuse to fix it or make you pay for part of the repair? Would they have the body shop replace the fenders and hood with new ones, then take a ball-peen hammer and add back the damage that was already there?

Originally Posted By: exranger06
Originally Posted By: Shannow
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
You're not saving oodles of money by not having full coverage. Put full coverage on, wait for another hail storm in a few months or next year then claim it.

So what do you do with the question "is there any unrepaired damage on the vehicle ?"

I think that's Insurance fraud.

What if you answered the question honestly and admitted there was prior hail damage? Would the insurance company just refuse to fix it or make you pay for part of the repair? Would they have the body shop replace the fenders and hood with new ones, then take a ball-peen hammer and add back the damage that was already there?

They would either refuse coverage or not fix the problem.

Originally Posted By: Vibe_2007
At my work it was pretty sad to see a brand new Audi Q7 and an A5, both black, get the same damage my old Vibe did. The guy with the Q7 was especially not happy.

Seeing that made me cry just a little.
frown.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back