I bought some Ceratec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will add it to the 08 Jeep Liberty my wife drives.

Oilchange tomorrow.

5w-20 Valvoline Maxlife, Fram Ultra XG3600.

Also adding a K&N Air Filter.

Jeep has 80k something on it and sees Mixed use.

Probably go with a 7k OCI this time.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Skip the K&N! Air filtration is very important and their efficiency is abysmal.

I tried one for a bit, but went back to the OEM filter. The K&N trashed my MAF on several occasions. It even got sucked out of the housing and into the air tube once. The K&N filters are an interesting idea but basically a PITA.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Why would you put ceramic tile in your oil??

www.ceratec.com

Oh, I'm sorry, do you mean,

Liqui Moly Ceratec Oil treatments 300ml $26.49?

Wayne

Ya.
Just like the thread title says

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
Why would you put ceramic tile in your oil??

www.ceratec.com

Oh, I'm sorry, do you mean,

Liqui Moly Ceratec Oil treatments 300ml $26.49?

Wayne

I like your signature Wayne.

Originally Posted By: dave5358

I tried one for a bit, but went back to the OEM filter. The K&N trashed my MAF on several occasions. It even got sucked out of the housing and into the air tube once. The K&N filters are an interesting idea but basically a PITA.

Never had that problem with them.

Originally Posted By: 123Saab

Never had that problem with them.

I fiddled with mine for a bit but was underwhelmed. I was selling my first Forester at the time, so I put it in that vehicle. The guy who bought it actually noticed the K&N filter (!!) and was greatly impressed - it might have been the thing that closed the sale!

I fiddled with mine for a bit but was underwhelmed. I was selling my first Forester at the time, so I put it in that vehicle. The guy who bought it actually noticed the K&N filter (!!) and was greatly impressed - it might have been the thing that closed the sale!

Many drivers love K&N air filter ! But most BITOG'ers don't because many UOA's showed higher silicon with K&N air filter.

I don't have experience with K&N air filter, but I don't like the idea of cleaning/re-oil it every few years.

Where I live the paper air filter didn't show any potential clogging after 50-60k miles, I change mine at that mileage for less than $15-20. Why bother cleaning an air filter when it costs you about $4-5 a year.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR

Why bother cleaning an air filter when it costs you about $4-5 a year.

And it filters better too!

I repeat myself:

I dont like throwing out stuff.

There is enough stuff out there in the landfills already.

So everytime I can I use something that can be reused, From cotton kitchen towels to air filters to my Wife's refillable Keurig K-Cup insert etc I will.

Actually looking in to getting a Stihl Kombi trimmer with the Power Scythe, So I wont have to buy any trimmer cord again......

Hey, Thats me.

About 4k in now with Ceratec.

The Chrysler 3.7l has never sounded so quiet.

Wife claims maybe a few more miles per gallon, Who knows?

Startup noise is down too, And overall the Engine feels smoother.

I think it was worth it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back