C-Tek chargers / Dummy proof

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

I have a friend that is looking to buy a car battery charger .. He wants something dummy proof ...
He asked me a good question what would happen if he plugged RED+ and BL- lead together to one battery post ...

I believe that C-Tek have a short protection and no damage would be done to his electrical system.
This is really not something that is easily done but I just wanted to share and hear opionions

PS, I recommended C-Tek ... as I'm super happy with my ...

I'm not sure that plugging both clamps on one post should be looked at because if you are basing your charger decision on this, then why even bother buying a charger.

I like the Optimate series of chargers. Never had an issue and it is fully automatic and adjusts automatically to decipher between AGM and wet cell.

I don't have answer for that question either. I know that some chargers detect wrong polarity(+ to - and - to +) and will flash some warning light and will not cause any damage to the battery and/or charger itself.

If he may accidentally hook up both charger clamps to either positive or negative terminal then he should not touch anything under the hood.

I agree
smile.gif
on all points ... but was wondering about this as C Tek says in manual that it has short protection.

Thx guys...

I do not think you need to buy a C Tek to get this kind of feature. Most smart chargers can do this.

I agree, if he manages to clamp both clamps to same battery terminal, he would sure to get a job at JiffyLube.

C-tek is pretty bulletproof as tender/chargers go.

They should be, as MB and Porsche slapped their own name on them and doubled the price as approved accessories.

If it's a vehicle that will be connected regularly, get the charge indicator plug installed.

CTEK is about as bulletproof and easy to use as one can find.
I use one on my Mustang when it is stored in the winter.
Anyone who could screw up the installation of a CTEK has no business driving a car in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back