wiper mark on windshield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get some RainX windshield protector and clean your windshield with it. Wipe off your wiper blades. You can also get RainX windshield washer to prevent further marks.

It's just rubber from the blade that deposits onto the windshield at the spot where the squeegee "flips." These are all good ideas, but the Rain-X is likely to make it worse - from experience. Also, cleaning the blades with alcohol will produce a cleaner wipe, but potentially more noise.

I like silicone spray lube or DOT5 silicone brake fluid. Put some on a paper towel and wipe down the squeegee with that. Believe me, it works.

The other thing you can do is be more active in the setting of your wipers. The more they move over a dry windshield, or one that isn't "wet enough," the more likely they are to deposit rubber on the glass. I see people driving around all the time with wipers in continuous mode when it is barely sprinkling.

I also like the Rain-X washer fluid (or, washer fluid additive). With that, you can hit the windshield with a spray and then use the wipers a lot less in the first place. I have honestly found it better than the glass treatment. I can often drive on the highway without using the wipers at all.

DBmaster thanks for the tips. I will try the silicon. The car is equipped with a rain sensor and I leave it on the lowest setting so I dont thinkI have the wipers on to high a speed for amount of water. I am very aware of having the wipers on with no water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back