suspension noise

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my 2001 Toyota Echo I have a noise in my suspension but I don't know where it is coming from. I made a video of me pushing down on the hood to produce the noise. I notice it when i turn the wheel at low speed, or even just driving at low speed. There is enough power steering fluid. The sound is a groaning, kind of like a rusty hinge.
Thanks

video with suspension noise

suspension pics

At least I can see (from your pics) that your sway bar link bushings are rotten (cracked) and in need of a full replacement.

All other rubber bushings, etc. need to be replaced.

Then take it from there.

Q.

Yea a lot of rotten bushings. Probably a good start. Also, by the looks of your wheel cover you've rubbed a lot of curbs.

What I would do in a situation like that (and I've done this before) is take the car to Chick's Frame & Wheel in Fresno and have them diagnose it for me. I told them up front that I do all my own suspension work and I wanted to pay them for their time to troubleshoot. As it turns out it was one of the best $35 I've ever spent in my life. I was certain that it was a suspension problem, but those sharp guys over there quickly determined that it was motor mounts that I needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back