6000 miles BMW 20w50

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the UOA from my 2009 BMW GS1200 Adventure. A bit over 65k miles on this engine with oil and filter changes every 6k using BMW 20w50 regular oil. Works out to changing the oil every 2-4 months, (engine was replaced at 100k.
I'll be changing to Redline 20w50 later this month for the hotter summer months and because I got a good price on it.

oilanalysisMay2014.jpg.html

Your BMW's transmission doesn't share the oil with the engine, does it? I don't think it's s bad report giving being that the engine is air/oil cooled.

The transmission does have a separate sump, and the clutch is dry, so this is just the motor.

I also got a sweet deal on Red Line 20w-50 for my R bike! Amazon Warehouse Deals had a case of 12 quarts for $70 because the labels were coming off. Win!

Originally Posted By: andybtruckin
Here is the UOA from my 2009 BMW GS1200 Adventure. A bit over 65k miles on this engine with oil and filter changes every 6k using BMW 20w50 regular oil. Works out to changing the oil every 2-4 months, (engine was replaced at 100k.
I'll be changing to Redline 20w50 later this month for the hotter summer months and because I got a good price on it.

oilanalysisMay2014.jpg.html

How's that GSA holding up for you? You mentioned about the engine being replaced, I'm guessing at 10k.

Just curious from a fellow Beemerphile.

Yes, why new engine at 100k. I have gone way over that with no problem.

That said, my 2011 R1200R rattles like a marble in a tin can all of a sudden at idle when hot. Dealer says.."normal at 17,000 miles". Funny, it did not do this at 16990 miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back