2012 Ram 1500 5.7 hemi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bought truck new July 2012..Whats the factory fill oil?....Im finished with my free dealer oil changes which I am pretty sure is pyb conventional 5w20..I went around back of the lube shop last time I was there and the big bulk talk had a yellow pennzoil 5w20 sticker on it..thats what was goin in my truck...Im gonna start doin my own and want the same thing..i already have an oem mopar filter for it...just double checking...thanks..:)

I know my 2014 was filled with a Pennzoil Product at the factory. {5W-20 viscosity}. Service Tech at the dealership told me.

It seems Ram has a contract with Shell.

They tried to give me oil changes for life! I reminded them I live 3 hours away! Just pay for my Tag Title Tax!

I will be the ONLY one doing oil changes on my New Expensive Investment.

I had an 04 ram hemi,still own an 06 hemi charger,I maintain my brothers 08 ram hemi and my uncles 2012 ram hemi.

I can say with absolute certainty that brand is irrelevant,consistent changes are what's important.
Follow the oil life monitor and I guarantee you engine will be the very least of your worries. 120000 miles seems to be when the front ends fall apart on the 4x4's so be on top of maintaining the front end.
I'm not sure how many grease nipples you've got or if you have any at all but if you do I suggest using them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back