Glock owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went handgun shopping today and looked at several. This will be my new concealed carry. The Glock 26 is what I decided on. Probably will go buy it tomorrow. I`d like to hear from all Glock owners to tell me what you think about them. Out of every gun I looked at,these felt the most precision,well made,and the ergonomics felt perfect,plus the size is perfect as well.

If you like the way a GLOCK feels then you can't do better. An excellent gun. Reliable, crazy durability for the 9mm, cheap and plentiful parts, plentiful mags, ability to use 9mm mags all the way up to the 33 rounders, could go on.

Last edited:
Ive had my 19 since 2005ish. It has more rounds through it than most people will shoot in a lifetime. I have never had a single FTF, feeding issue, or malfunction in any way shape or form.

A lot of people dont like them because they arent American made, and thet arent the prettiest.

To that I say, I have my 1911 to shoot with, and John Moses Browning may be... IS... WAS.... and ever shall be a genius, but the glock stays between the seats or in hands reach at all times.

My 19 is a true austrian with a second proofing stamp noting rated for +p++.

I have a G19. I looked at a 26, but went with the 19 because it felt a little better in my hand. What ever model you pick, you'll be happy with it.

The m&p has a better trigger and better ergonomics for small handed people, but a glock will cycle out low power loads with non issue, the m&ps are....pickier.

My wife had an m&p and parted with it. Couldnt thumb the slide release.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
The m&p has a better trigger and better ergonomics for small handed people, but a glock will cycle out low power loads with non issue, the m&ps are....pickier.

My wife had an m&p and parted with it. Couldnt thumb the slide release.

Never had those issues with my M&P 9mm. It eats any ammo you feed it.

The Glock is the AK47 of the pistol world IMHO. Reliable and durable as the day is long. Hard to kill, but not always the most up to date in the area of ergonomics. But in return you get a pistol with over a three decade long track record in just about every darn environment.

I tried several Glocks but they did not feel comfortable in my hand. I switched to a Sig P229 in Sig 357 and have been very happy with it. I did much better in the department qualifying routine. I think most handguns are very capable instruments and you end up choosing the one that feels and shoots the best for you. I also like the performance of the 125gr loads available in 357 Sig.

Glocks are great, they are the anvil of the pistol world. They dont jam, dont rust, hit where you shoot, and hold lots of rounds. I dont have a glock right now, but when I did I put the 4.5lb connector and extended slide stop on them and thats it. I currently carry an LC9 in the summer and either a 1911 commander or Beretta 92 in the winter. I just shoot them better than a glock, and the LC9 carries better. Glocks are great, cant go wrong.

I have a 17 gen2 and 26 gen3. They fill every need and are 100% reliable for me. My 26 shoots darn near as accurate as my full size 17.
I use the flat mag most of the summer and a + 2 pierce extension otherwise. The extension gives you just about the same grip as a 19 and I think it looks great.
A lot of Glock guys think the 26 is there best pistol.

I concour with the positive recommendations for the G26. I carried the 17 and 19 for years and the transition to the G26 for even better concealed carry works. They are workhorses with easy breakdown for maintenance. The G26 has the familiar trigger reset as it's family models so positive and realistic training in life threating situations gives one better opportunity to be a survivor. I qualify with the G26 yearly.

Last edited:
I recently shopped all three 9mm Glocks, the 17, the 19, and the 26. The 17 fit me pretty well. The 19 put the big grip swell at the meat of my lower hand, so I was always pointing it up to the sky. The 26 fit me the best. I liked it. My wife wasn't sure about the two finger grip. I thought about a pinky extension or a Pearce +1 or +2 extension. But then that puts it close to the size of a larger gun. I went back and forth on it for weeks. Ended up buying another CZ.

I may have a G26 one day.

Great responses guys,keep em coming!!
cheers3.gif

Another question. Recommendations on a good carry holster and case.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Another question. Recommendations on a good carry holster and case.

For IWB, I really like Crossbreed holsters.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
I recently shopped all three 9mm Glocks, the 17, the 19, and the 26. The 17 fit me pretty well. The 19 put the big grip swell at the meat of my lower hand, so I was always pointing it up to the sky. The 26 fit me the best. I liked it. My wife wasn't sure about the two finger grip. I thought about a pinky extension or a Pearce +1 or +2 extension. But then that puts it close to the size of a larger gun. I went back and forth on it for weeks. Ended up buying another CZ.

I may have a G26 one day.

Is your CZ difficult to de-cock?

I have carried my Steyr M9, Beretta Cougar, and Beretta Px4 in High Noon Holsters. I usually rock the Mr. Softy IWB holster. I can conceal a large pistol easily with them.

Originally Posted By: SuzukiGoat
A lot of people dont like them because they arent American made, and thet arent the prettiest.

Glock now makes some models in America.

Glocks are ergonomic, simple to use, reliable and reasonably priced. You simply can't go wrong with a Glock

I own six Glocks....I own other pistols, but I keep coming back to Glock.

As I've said in other threads, there is more to concealed carry than hitting bulls eyes on paper. You need to learn to draw this weapon, shoot it accurately and reload/clear the weapon....all under pressure...and all as muscle memory.

I carry an H&K USP Compact in .40. I've drawn it thousands of times, worked it through lots of immediate action drills, practiced thousands of timed reloads and, oh yeah, put several thousands of rounds on target. But it's the development of all the skills that matter in a carry gun: draw/presentation, accurate rapid fire under pressure, and clearing/reloading the gun.

Glock's outstanding reliability will serve you well in a carry weapon, but don't neglect the development of all the skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back