2009 Forester Electrical Gremlin

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wife told me last night that 3 times in the past month or so, when she started her car (2009 Subaru Forester, base model, non-turbo), the clock didn't turn on, and neither was the radio.

I found a thread or two where people with older Subaru's saw this, along with the wipers not working. But no resolve to the problem was ever posted.

She isn't sure if any additional lights on the dash came on....she's a woman.

Any ideas on what do to or where to look? I guess the first thing I want to do is check all the grounds. Is there a way for me to look up where all the frame/fender grounds are located?

Short of knowing someone with Mitchell or all data, you can buy a one or five year subscription to all data diy. The one year costs about 20 dollars but can be discounted with online sourced codes. This will give you at least 90 percent of the info needed to do any job on your car.

Not a Subie expert but see if the clock and radio are on the same fuse. If so start there and look for corrosion or loose connectors. Done any other repairs lately? Often the problem is related to the last thing that was worked on.

I bet the clock and radio are on the same fuse, or dimmer circuit.

Pull the clock, see if the radio stays working...

Looks like clock failure is widespread....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back