nissan quest sticking caliper

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my son has a g/f with a nissan quest '96. One of the front calipers stuck and the brakes got really hot, he said he could not touch the rotor 1/2 hour after taking the tire off, it was that hot. So i plan to replace the caliper and pads and rotor. Question is with 200k on it, i'm thinking the wheel bearing is toast too. Its a pain to replace like my sons saturn, its a press in sealed bearing. How many of you think i should replace the wheel bearing, and how many of you would chance not replacing it?

[img:center]https://sp1.yimg.com/ib/th?id=HN.608043562565764049&pid=15.1[/img]

Last edited:
I have never replaced a wheel bearing after a locked up caliper. If I can grab the wheel at the top and bottom and detect no play, I just leave the bearing alone.

If you are replacing a stuck caliper, replace the brake hose as well. The extreme high temperatures created by locked brakes will quickly deteriorate the rubber brake hose.

Leave the bearing alone for now. If the bearing starts making noise down the road, you can cross that bridge when you come to it.

I just had a shop replace both my rear calipers on my Murano due to locked/sticking brakes. Wheel bearings were okay. Of course they put on new brake pads and rotors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back