Rock Auto has ACDelco GM Original Equipment parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ACDelco brand isn't all OEM GM parts. They have expending into just another aftermarket reboxing brand (think a lower quality Beck/Arnley) that is widely available; up until now, the actual original OEM GM parts have not been available in regular or online parts stores.

Look up any GM car (even captive imports like the Pontiac Vibe will work). Rock lists two different parts under the ACDelco brand: their professional series (the aftermarket reboxing), and the GM Original Equipment. Even more interesting is with the Vibe (a rebadged Matrix): the professional series is listed as fitting both the Vibe and Matrix, while the GM Original Equipment part is listed as only fitting the Vibe.

For some parts, there are even separate GM OE parts for the base and GT Models (Vibe GT = Matrix XRS), whereas there is only one ACDelco Professional part for both models.

Who makes the ACDelco Professional shocks/struts? I know the OE dampers are KYB.

I just have to rant about the "service grade" AC delco. Got a charcoal canister purge valve for my HHR for a price within nickels of the aftermarket.

Unfortunately the ACD needs a $18 wiring pigtail adapter, sold seperately. The aftermarket is a direct fit.

Fail for me for mail ordering.
frown.gif

If you go to a GM dealer to buy a part, which do you get? Do you get OE part or aftermarket rebranded part?

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
If you go to a GM dealer to buy a part, which do you get? Do you get OE part or aftermarket rebranded part?

When I have called the parts guy I know asks which I would prefer and I always say the OE one. Kinda like when people call me for brake parts, I give them the option of Genuine Ford or Motorcraft.

Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
When I have called the parts guy I know asks which I would prefer and I always say the OE one. Kinda like when people call me for brake parts, I give them the option of Genuine Ford or Motorcraft.

Wow, honestly I did not know that! I thought Motorcraft *was* Genuine Ford, and that the only aftermarket parts they made were things like oil filters and spark plugs that happen to fit many other vehicles.

The only "OE brands" I knew of that did aftermarket were Denso (Toyota) and ACDelco and Delphi (GM). There is also Magneti Marelli (Chrysler), but that brand is new to the US.

As far as ACDelco goes, I thought all ACDelco-branded parts for GM cars were the original part, and that only the Delco parts for non-GM cars were the reboxed low-quality aftermarket junk.

Eljefino's story doesn't surprise me at all, knowing GM's quality problems. They aren't exactly Toyota, you know. The problem wasn;t mail ordering from Rock Auto. You would've had the same issue had you bought the part at Pep Boys or Autozone

@Nate1979, I'm sure if you give them the OEM GM part number you'll get the OE GM part, but if you just ask, for example, a set of brake pads for a 2008 Malibu Maxx, you'll get the aftermarket rebox.

And to clarify about the last line in my OP, I meant to say that "I know the OE dampers on the Pontiac Vibe are KYB." (and probably the Chevy and Geo Prizm too, since most Toyota OE shocks are KYB)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back