Isle of Man TT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those in the US, it is on Velocity. Anyone else watching this? I watch every year and it is spectacular. I have a friend that races bikes and he said those guys are absolutely crazy and would never do it himself.

Unfortunate that two riders have passed away so far. The only solace is they died doing what they loved.

A good friend of mine went there last year to see it in person and said it is even more crazy when you see it that way! He said the speeds they carry on very narrow sections made him nervous just watching.

Been watching the TT for a long time. Hope to make it there for vacation some year. As a sportbike rider myself I can REALLY appreciate what these guys do. In an interview some years back Valentino Rossi expressed his admiration for the TT riders and professed that he would never ride the course the way the TT riders do.

They have balls of forged TITANIUM.

I watch. The slow-mo playback of the front wheel coming up and the general twists and vibrations of the frame always makes me say, "yikes"! Those guys are nuts.

I think the ones that are truly crazy are the sidecar riders. Surprised they don't go slower from the drag of their huge balls.

Kiwi Bruce Anstey has now gone around the TT course faster than anyone else @ 132.298 mph. Hard to comprehend the speed he's doing.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Good thing Bernie Ecclestone isn't involved.

At least Bernie knows how to get a TV deal, unlike some other FIA sanctioned groupings.
wink.gif

Yep under Bernie they would be too fast, too loud, need 2 different tires, need a smaller engine that cant rev higher than a garden traktor and have an electric motor to boot.
Oh don't forget air bags in case they go off.

That doddering old fool has help ruin one motor sport already, its a good thing he isn't involved with any others.

49.gif

I share your concerns there, but I'm having a heck of a time trying to arrange watching certain high profile things up here, so I'm a tad frustrated.

Here's an idea. Let Bernie just negotiate TV deals for all FIA stuff and other marketing, and leave everything else alone.

I've always wanted to see the Manx Rally live, in person (or better yet, drive or co-drive on it!!).
19.gif

Same roads, just more distance with multiple stages.

I am not even sure it is still held.
21.gif

Yes, the two wheelers are certifiably insane for the speed they carry on these roads, and MUST have the fear centers of their brains surgically removed.
eek.gif

I've been a fan of the TT since I first heard about it in the 80's. It's one of those things I'd love to try, but haven't done yet.

David Jefferies was probably the rider that I admired most. He was a big guy, that also happened to be the fastest at the time. Having a similar build, gave me hope that I could be fast around the Mountain Course too.

RIP, DJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back