window gets stuck when putting it up

Status
Not open for further replies.
My passenger side window goes down but when I go to put it up the motor sounds sluggish and then it stops. I have to pull it up while holding down the switch and then it starts going up. Does this sound like a bad motor?

Maybe, but it could just be the mechanism needs to be greased.

It would help if you said what vehicle/manufacturer/year/# of doors/etc.

Originally Posted By: Mark72
My passenger side window goes down but when I go to put it up the motor sounds sluggish and then it stops. I have to pull it up while holding down the switch and then it starts going up. Does this sound like a bad motor?

What kind of car is it?

I would check this link first.
http://www.driveaccord.net/forums/showthread.php?t=43464

The other thing you can try is to take the door panel off and then using a box cutter knife, to cut the rubber channel out that runs below the window opening. As the rubber gets older it might slow the window down. I've removed the lower part of the rubber on my Honda's and Toyota and it made it run like new. It's much cheaper than a new motor.

Regards, JC.

It could be a weak motor, sticking tracks or a failing regulator.
Some cars use a cable operated regulator that gets frayed others get damaged wheels.
Other cars use a gear train and can get dry mechanisms.

What kind of car is this?

Its binding or the glass has come out of the regulator channel and is kinking at an angle.

Check this video out. It cant really come out of the channel.
It appears the motor and regulator are one unit. Not a bad job.

If the motor works it generally works unless the car is really old or for some reason has seen lots of duty. Probably thoroughly clean and lube with silicone spray.

Since it works in the lower part OK but then slows down closer to the top probably there is something slowing it down, like dirt.

Is it a Camry? If so everything about the power windows stinks! The motors are weak, the wiring frequently brakes, and the switches sometimes go bad as well (moreso than most cars).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back