tried archoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am rather surprised, that both Trajan and kschachn have been allowed to make all this kind of posting they have been doing.

Especially, if you take a look at how many of the products they discuss that they haven't tried!!!!

This should make some moderators sceptical, at least!

Originally Posted By: jonny-b
Have you all noticed, that Trajan and kschachn, are the ones who have NEVEr tried a product?

However, they ALWAYS seem to have all the the complete knowledge, in the world!!!

I really don't like this kind of slick behaviour!

I guess the moderators does.

Trajan always has something to say even though the experience with a product is lacking or non existent which then leaves it up to the reader to consider the source.
Good for a laugh anyway

I was not going to come back to this post. But I have to change my mind. The same people over and over again take a post off subject. Somebody is talking about something and unless you are using the product they are promoting they will not let that person discuss the product they want to discuss in peace.

Trajan is against every product except for Auto-RX. Every product for him has a problem except for the one grand exception-the product he wants to promote.

Now I probably will never try this Archoil product. But the Oil Additives Section is supposed to be for the discussion of oil additives. If somebody wants to discuss Archoil, STP, MMO, Kreen, Auto-RX, or whatever, they should be allowed to do it.

The only way we can find out about these products is if guys are willing to discuss them. Most of these products or all of these products are never going to undergo some sort of scientific testing. Nobody could afford the scientific testing. We need both positive and negative opinions to figure out if a product is any good and maybe worth trying.

We apparently are going to lose a poster here for no good reason.

If somebody is against every product discussed except for the one product they believe in they should have a post of their own for their own product. Nobody is stopping anybody from having a post about Auto-RX. Or any other product that they want to discuss.

If a certain product is being discussed, whatever that product is, the post needs to stay on that product. And if somebody has not even tried the product how do they know if it is any good or not? If they have not tried a product their belief that it is no good is only their opinion.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: fireman1073
don't sit back and criticize someone who tries a product and posts their results

try it for yourself then post your results

if you don't try, you will know neither victory nor defeat and be counted as "a cold and timid soul"

THE MAN IN THE ARENA
is an Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic"
delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910 by Theodore Rosevelt

Also don't join a forum and from the first post , start hawking a product. Its one thing to be here a while and be part of the forum for multiple topics and then discuss your results with a product. I'm always leery of new posters such as you , who only post about one topic, A Product. It smells of spam. If you have been here a year then post your results for a product , then you will have more credibility.

For example.
All posts made by fireman1073.
Title Forum Post Time
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives Today at 03:00 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives Today at 02:57 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives Today at 02:54 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives Today at 08:48 AM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives Yesterday at 09:50 AM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives Yesterday at 09:43 AM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/30/14 06:58 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 05:21 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 05:19 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 05:16 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 05:04 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 04:58 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 04:47 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 04:44 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 12:08 PM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 09:58 AM
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 09:55 AM
tried archoil Oil Additives 05/27/14 08:37 AM

Well, I have seen stuff like that also. I remember a few times in the case of MMO and Kreen some brand new poster would come out of nowhere to put those products down.

But when it came to the majority of guys who had tested those products and been here for a while the overwhelming majority seemed to like those two products.

A lot of problems could be avoided if a post just stays on subject.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
For example.
All posts made by fireman1073.
Title Forum Post Time
Re: tried archoil Oil Additives Today at 03:00 PM

Re: tried archoil Oil Additives 05/29/14 09:55 AM
tried archoil Oil Additives 05/27/14 08:37 AM

All of his posts have been in this thread, so the titles will all be the same. Go back and read his first post (the first post in this thread). If he is really planning to 'make it' selling Archoil, I hope he keeps his day job.

It's pretty easy for any poster to appear obsessed with a particular product - particularly if he has to fend off the self-appointed anecdotal police and the methodology marshals. It might be more productive to look at the poster's claims, experiences and so on.

One odd thing I noticed about Archoil (from the net - not this thread) is that it has a following among owners of Ford diesel pick-ups and maybe other small Ford diesel vehicles. It prevents hard-starting in very cold weather due to sticky injectors. Apparently Ford's injectors just don't like the cold. Talk about a niche market.

I wonder how he would be considered a spammer for a product he said he would probably not use again? He got quite a welcome, eh? Back down in the foxhole...

Last edited:
Have you all noticed, that Trajan and kschachn, are the ones who have NEVEr tried a product?

And you can prove it right?

Sorry, used it. Failed the hand on the manifold test on the last car.

I am rather surprised, that both Trajan and kschachn have been allowed to make all this kind of posting they have been doing.

Especially, if you take a look at how many of the products they discuss that they haven't tried!!!!

This should make some moderators sceptical, at least!

One would think is because they stay on topic and not make it about posters. So is the above your take on the product?

If you go back through this thread you may be surprised to find who brought Auto RX into the discussion.

I just verified that it was first mentioned by Trav, then Mystic who all said it didn't work.

See post #3382370 and #3382626 both on May 27 2014.

So I just don't understand how Trajan can be accused of bringing it up to promote it. That was simply not how this thread developed.

And funnily enough, Trav and Mystic appear to agree that "there is no concrete evidence showing ARX, MMO, Kreen ... doing anything"

Incorrect Sam2000. Anybody can go back to the second page and find out that Trav merely added Auto-RX to the list of products that badtlc listed. And immediately after that when Trajan replied he stated that Auto-RX does work. Let me supply a quote for you in case you missed it.

Here you go Sam2000. You might have missed this from Trajan:

'Since there *is* concrete evidence that ARX does work, from Dnewton to the late Gary Allen to taxi tests to a thread by Artem, (remember that one, where you, demarpaint and Mystic jumped all over him because he said it worked better than kreen.), you "fix" is wrong.'

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Incorrect Sam2000. Anybody can go back to the second page and find out that Trav merely added Auto-RX to the list of products that badtlc listed. And immediately after that when Trajan replied he stated that Auto-RX does work. Let me supply a quote for you in case you missed it.

How can you say "incorrect" and then confirm that Trav was the first person to mention ARX?

How can you claim Trajan mentioned it first when you replied to Trav before Trajan with this?:

Originally Posted By: Mystic
Thanks for fixing that Trav. It needed inclusion.

Are you saying that Trav "merely" mentioned it first and you "merely" mentioned it second but Trajan was really the person who brought it up first?

And how are we to interpret your statement and your credibility that this oil additive does not work when your OWN personal testimony was that it DID WORK!!!!!

How can you state it doesn't work when it actually worked for you? How can you say Trajan brought by ARX first when it is clear in this thread that Trav and you mentioned it before him? Unbelievable!

I have already pointed out to everybody Sam2000 how you are trying to attack certain people at this website. Just a few days ago you were going after certain people here saying that they have a high post count. The same individual who comes back again and again to this website uses those same attacks against the same people-over and over ago.

And since you are a brand new member at this website Sam2000 (supposedly), how do you know anything about what I said in the past about Auto-RX? I suppose you did all kind of research, huh?

I have never denied that I used to use Auto-RX. I have never denied that it did seem to stop a seal leak. But I stopped using it a long time ago when nobody seemed to be able to offer proof that it actually cleaned the interior of engines. I have not used Auto-RX in years.

And unless you are for some curious reason doing a massive amount of research on me, if you are really a new member here you know nothing about any of this.

And don't you dare challenge my credibility. Unless you can offer proof that I have been deceptive.

In any case, all of the problems in the Oil Additives Section could be solved if people were allowed to discuss products they have tried. The post should stick to the product being tested. Both positive and negative reviews have to be permitted of course. If somebody is discussing Archoil, then the post is about Archoil. If the post is about MMO, then the post is about MMO.

If that is truly your position, then you need to acknowledge that it was Trav, not Trajan, that brought up ARX.

If that is truly your position, then you need to acknowledge that you shouldn't have been the second person who mentioned ARX and shouldn't have endorsed Trav's action of adding it to a list of several oil additives since as you say this thread should be about Archoil.

Lastly, I will choose, as I see fit, to point out any inaccuracies in your statements and leave it up to others to make a judgement on your credibility. It is right to correct your assertion that Trajan brought up ARX while omitting the fact you and Trav brought it up first. It is right to point out that ARX worked for you and others who then make blanket statements that it does not work.

These are serious contradictions and misstatements and deserve to be pointed out.

I am done dealing with you Sam2000. Don't address me again. You can put me on ignore.

I do not have to lie. There is the evidence from the past and I have eye witnesses. I did use Auto-RX in the past. I never denied that. I did observe that it seemed to stop a seal leak in a car I used to own. I stopped using Auto-RX years ago when nobody was able to prove that it actually cleaned the interiors of engines.

And you have no right to question my credibility. You have been here two months. Why would you know anything about me and Auto-RX? Unless you have done a huge amount of research. And why would you be researching me? In any case, your research would just make clear the truth of what I have said above. I don't have to lie. All I have to do is tell the simple truth.

And I have submitted some evidence to the moderators at this website for them to examine.

It should be clear to anybody that you target certain individuals here. Why would a new person do that? If you have been here only about two months you would have no reason to attack me. You would know nothing about me. And you would know nothing about demarpaint, Trav, Clevy, and Steve.

A few days ago you attacked members here because of the number of their posts and how often they posts. You are not a moderator. The owner of the website and the moderators can determine how many posts a person can have and how often they can post.

You are saying that I am making serious contradictions and misstatements. Those are serious accusations. As a about two month member here you would have no way to determine if I have made misstatements or not. You would have to do a profound amount of research on me and why would a two month new member be doing so much research on one individual here? And your research, if you had actually done it, would merely prove the truth of what I have said above.

So you have attacked me again saying I have made misstatements and contradictions. And I am reporting you again to the moderators, because those are false accusations. And, anybody who has been at this website for any length of time knows that what I have said above is the truth. I never denied that I had used Auto-RX. I did say that it seemed to seal a leak. And I stopped using it years ago when nobody could prove that it actually cleaned an engine.

You're going way overboard Mystic and accusing me of all sorts of things here.

I have said NOTHING about demarpaint and Clevy. Show me where I've talked about them in this thread.

As for Trav and Steve, I have only referred to what has been quoted or what they have posted in THIS thread.

Again, show me something different.

Accusing me of attacking them is a BASELESS accusation by you on me. You have ZERO evidence.

Accusing me of attacking you because I correct your statement is a DISTRACTION by you, the person who on the one hand says this thread should ONLY be about Archoil but early on in the thread is happy to claim another additive does not work even though it worked for you.

Threatening to get me banned by moderators to draw attention away from your contradictions is LOW.

If you have the power to do such a thing then my impression of this forum will fall mightily and I will be more than happy not to return.

Whew. Glad he got that off his chest!

Additives get a hard rap here, mainly because this forum is more insistent on proof than anecdotal evidence.

But I firmly believe that enough anecdotal experience should lead one to curiosity at least.

But when it degenerates to name calling and whining then no one wants to participate.

Thanks, Trajan, for mentioning me, or I would have missed all this informative banter!

Now back to the program...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back