PU almost Stopped my Oil Consumption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since new, my silverado has always ran dino whatever, mostly gtx and pyb. At about 85K miles, I put PU in there for 3000 miles. Im into my second run of "old" PU now.
Before it cunsumed 1qt every 2000 miles or more.
Now it uses 1/2qt every 4000 miles. What a difference!
Just my
49.gif

Same thing happened with my 2008 yukon. I consumed a quart of valvoline synpower every 5k and now I have used any oil 3.2k into this OCI.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Your dumping PU at 3k? What a waste. You and Gregk24 brothers?

I do OCIs by the OLM usualy ~6K miles

Synpower increased or caused consumption in vehicles I used it in. IMO it's not the PU that fixed it, but rather the Synpower that caused it.

Last edited:

Everybody's a comedian aren't they
wink.gif
I do 6 month OCI, if I only happen to rack up 3K miles (which can happen) then so be it. To the OP, thats great news! PU is a great oil, never thought it could be used to slow consumption.

Originally Posted By: gregk24

wink.gif
I do 6 month OCI, if I only happen to rack up 3K miles (which can happen) then so be it. To the OP, thats great news! PU is a great oil, never thought it could be used to slow consumption.

Yep. Six month intervals on synthetics,because they can tell time.

Hilarious.

As far as ultra stopping consumption I find that interesting. I've got nothing that consumes any appreciable amount of oil between changes,and my vehicles get a different brand every oil change.
I've read that some brands get consumed when first used but the consumption ceases after an interval or 2. I've never had that experience. If I've got a burner its burning no matter what I do.

wink.gif

Too bad that version of PU is extinct. Guess we'll see if the new stuff works as well.

Originally Posted By: Clevy

wink.gif

Yep. Six month intervals on synthetics,because they can tell time.

Hilarious.

As far as ultra stopping consumption I find that interesting. I've got nothing that consumes any appreciable amount of oil between changes,and my vehicles get a different brand every oil change.
I've read that some brands get consumed when first used but the consumption ceases after an interval or 2. I've never had that experience. If I've got a burner its burning no matter what I do.
that's exactly what the Citgo synblend did in my truck. Burnt a half quart at 3,500 miles into oci, second oci it burnt nada .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back