Cut Open Bosch D+ D3330 in use ~17K miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recent oil change on my Saturn SL2. Filer was in use ~17,000 miles (188K thru 205K), 3 oil changes - 5,000 to 6,000 miles each. Car saw some combination of Peak, PP, PU, QSAD and VWB in 5w-30, 10w-30 and a bit of 0w-20 PP mixed in (oil burner). Not sure of the exact install date but based on the mpg tracker I keep, it's been in use since April 2013.

Filter Mag was attached for the duration of the OCI (see pic of can wall). I see no tears along the seam - did test the media at the seam with a screwdriver. End caps still attached on removal.
20uxq1k.jpg

2lt0jkm.jpg

2eld28m.jpg

xatjiq.jpg

52z6ds.jpg

Looks good. A filter get more efficient as the miles build up.

I've gone 20K miles on oversized Purolator Classic oil filters *but* the car had 3 OCI's in that 20K miles. Clean fresh oil with extended oil filter changes is my game plan. Engines are spotless inside and no worries.

Looks good. A filter get more efficient as the miles build up.

I've gone 20K miles on oversized Purolator Classic oil filters *but* the car had 3 OCI's in that 20K miles. Clean fresh oil with extended oil filter changes is my game plan. Engines are spotless inside and no worries.

Looks excellent, especially considering 17k miles over 3 ocis. It mirrors the result I had running a BD+ 3323 13.5k mi. over two oci's in a Honda. I'd say your ROI is also excellent here, got your money's worth. And not even an insignificant endcap popper to mention.
56.gif

Nice.
thumbsup2.gif
Thanks for taking time to post pics.

I recently pulled a Bosch D+ from my Cummins diesel and it looked very similar in how it fared. Mine is taller and they had a sting around the pleats. 18K on mine.

Very very nice results here. I also have Filtermags on both my cars in my signature. Thanks for the pics! Good to see a non-torn filter. I just got another Pure1 through work so I was gonna run it along with the 5 left in my stash.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Looks good for the mileage. Have you considered an Ultra? I like to see pictures of the filter mag since I use one too.

Yes on the Ultra, I'd consider it, if I didn't have a stash already that will probably outlast the car already. I do have one in our Cobalt, as well as my parents Cobalt, plan to run each out to 15K-20K.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back