tried archoil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: fireman1073
Originally Posted By: kschachn
Can you tell us how that was measured?

Originally Posted By: panthermike
I currently have the Archoil 9100 in my old truck. My reason for usage was to try and lower emission levels, which it did to some degree(with both 9100 in oil and 6200 in gas). However, on all other claims I can't say I have noticed anything else. Truck runs well(as it did before), gets terrible mpg(as it did before).

256 color spectrorectumanalyzermoonbeamology with contrast device

still not good enough for you though
smile.gif

Not good enough for me! You should have used a turboencabulator (or a retroencabulator for an n/a truck).

Well, I was only asking. I assumed you were using your annual emissions test results but I didn't know - hence my question.

By your response I can only conclude there was no method? One makes a claim so you expect there was a reason, but maybe not.

I currently have the Archoil 9100 in my old truck. My reason for usage was to try and lower emission levels, which it did to some degree(with both 9100 in oil and 6200 in gas). However, on all other claims I can't say I have noticed anything else. Truck runs well(as it did before), gets terrible mpg(as it did before).

smile.gif

Well, I was only asking. I assumed you were using your annual emissions test results but I didn't know - hence my question.

By your response I can only conclude there was no method? One makes a claim so you expect there was a reason, but maybe not.

smile.gif

The one who made the claim hasn't responded yet
smile.gif

PA emission testing is either pass or fail. Both visual and functional inspection.

Oops, you're right.

Rewind that.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
smile.gif

PA emission testing is either pass or fail. Both visual and functional inspection.

Oops, you're right.

Rewind that.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
smile.gif

I wanted to add, that for my model year and where I live, the above is valid. (Just an OBD test and gas cap check and things like "Does he have cats installed?" The 1994 I once had was a bit more extensive.
smile.gif

http://www.azdeq.gov/environ/air/vei/tech.html for Arizona.

Last edited:
I currently have the Archoil 9100 in my old truck. My reason for usage was to try and lower emission levels, which it did to some degree(with both 9100 in oil and 6200 in gas).

Around 2002-2004 my LS400 barely passed the smog test, it was up to 90-95% of the max allowed. I bought some Redline SI1 fuel system cleaner and used a bottle every 6 months and the last bottle 2-3 weeks before the next smog test. It went from 90-95% to 5-15%.

Since then I used 1 bottle of Techron in all my cars 2-3 weeks before smog test.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I currently have the Archoil 9100 in my old truck. My reason for usage was to try and lower emission levels, which it did to some degree(with both 9100 in oil and 6200 in gas).

Around 2002-2004 my LS400 barely passed the smog test, it was up to 90-95% of the max allowed. I bought some Redline SI1 fuel system cleaner and used a bottle every 6 months and the last bottle 2-3 weeks before the next smog test. It went from 90-95% to 5-15%.

Since then I used 1 bottle of Techron in all my cars 2-3 weeks before smog test.

Hard to argue with that philosophy.

Something like PEA must be in Guaranteed to Pass. Although I've never used Guaranteed to Pass, I think CRC is a reputable company that makes an assortment of useful and popular automotive chemicals (e.g. Brake Cleaner). If you search the net for anecdotal evidence on G-T-P, it is quite positive.

--

Yes, 25-35% PEA in Guaranteed to Pass per the MSDS sheet. Despite the colorful hype and double-your-money-back guarantee, it's basically just a PEA additive.

Last edited:
to the gutless skeptic who sits back in criticizm and never tries for himself but attacks others efforts..........

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

for those who care about the post subject

car is running great at 1500 miles into archoil treatment and now 19.5 mpg up from 19.1 no other changes

regular gas the whole time 110000 miles on the 08 subaru tribeca 3.6

the last 500 miles are mostly off highway

probably gonna try mos2 stuff next and post my observations for some to criticize

to the gutless skeptic who sits back in criticizm and never tries for himself but attacks others efforts..........

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.

Using archoil leads to nonsensical, emotional, diatribes. All the more reason not to use it.

Man, you're going to have to translate that. I have no idea what you're trying to put across.

don't sit back and criticize someone who tries a product and posts their results

try it for yourself then post your results

if you don't try, you will know neither victory nor defeat and be counted as "a cold and timid soul"

THE MAN IN THE ARENA
is an Excerpt from the speech "Citizenship In A Republic"
delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910 by Theodore Rosevelt

The discussion isn't about Archoil. The discussion is about the testing methodology and conclusions drawn from perceived results. This is the same discussion one would have whether it was this additive, or it was a particular brand of gasoline, or if it were anything else. How is a conclusion being drawn and by what method? Not all methods are equally valid.

So are you advocating that when one member of this board tests Archoil and his conclusion was that it made it possible for him to place his hand on the intake manifold, that everyone who has not used the product would at that point just say "Wow, OK since you tested the product it must work!" That is ridiculous.

I think people like to bring up the "you haven't used it" argument when the comments either don't agree with what they believe, or if they don't understand why there may be issues with the way conclusions were drawn.

As an aside, I have yet to see anyone criticize posters with positive comments and ask if they have used the product.

don't sit back and criticize someone who tries a product and posts their results

if you don't try, you will know neither victory nor defeat and be counted as "a cold and timid soul"

THE MAN IN THE ARENA
delivered at the Sorbonne, in Paris, France on 23 April, 1910 by Theodore Rosevelt

The discussion isn't about Archoil. The discussion is about the testing methodology and conclusions drawn from perceived results. This is the same discussion one would have whether it was this additive, or it was a particular brand of gasoline, or if it were anything else. How is a conclusion being drawn and by what method? Not all methods are equally valid.

So are you advocating that when one member of this board tests Archoil and his conclusion was that it made it possible for him to place his hand on the intake manifold, that everyone who has not used the product would at that point just say "Wow, OK since you tested the product it must work!" That is ridiculous.

I think people like to bring up the "you haven't used it" argument when the comments either don't agree with what they believe, or if they don't understand why there may be issues with the way conclusions were drawn.

As an aside, I have yet to see anyone criticize posters with positive comments and ask if they have used the product.

Right on all counts.

Have a favorable thing to say about MMO, for example, You'll get "Good report!".

Later, say it didn't work as you thought it did, and that the use of another product fixed the returning problem for good, then you get a much different reaction from the same poster.

THE MAN IN THE ARENA

this discussion IS about archoil because I started it about archoil

if you want to discuss testing methodology then start your own discussion on testing methodology

this is about my experience with archoil not my methods

i didn't draw conclusions, only stated facts which were--added archoil, drove 1000 miles and noted computer mileage before and after.

car runs smoother but that means nothing to me, just wondered if any other users experienced the same things as i

just thought i would share those facts and some people here drew conclusions and began to draw into question my testing methods

there were no testing methods, this was a trial not a test and certainly not scientific as i said previously

so discuss your testing methodology elsewhere and let those who simply want to share there experience do so without ridiculous scrutiny

try the product and let us know how you feel about it or post your findings and i will personally take in what you have to say about a product without calling in to question your level of expertise or schooling, training etc.

this is just information sharing not science class

i shared what my personal experience with this product is so you try it and share yours

i won't try to make you look stupid if you do not write a thesis with scientific data to back it up, i will just read what you have to say

if enough people have insignificant or no results i will be reluctant to try that product

thats all, it's that simple for me

oh as to the guy who could place his hand on a manifold to me would not be sufficent evidence but i would not belittle him, i would use that info to make my decision, to him it was substantial, to me insignificant

trying to make others look stupid does not make a person smart....just mean

if you have not used a product how can you either agree or disagree?

Steve

moderator please delete my profile

there is an idiot overload on here and no longer interested

The discussion isn't about Archoil.

No, this discussion is about Archoil. Just look at the subject. Quit going off-topic.

The way conclusions were drawn or simply off-topic "methodology" drivel?

Someone might inquire if the poster had used the product to evaluate their response:
- You have used it and have experience you wish to share. Or,
- You haven't used it but have some expertise in the area which you can share. Or,
- You have not used it, but have an interest in the product and are trying to learn more about it. Or,
- You haven't used it, have no expertise or interest in the product or subject area and are simply hijacking the thread by some discussion of "methodology".

This seems like a fair preliminary inquiry. So, have you ever used Archoil? Please share your experience with this product.

As an aside, why would anyone post a positive comment who had not used the product, unless their comment made clear some other reason for their comment?

As an aside, why would anyone criticize a product they had not used or in which they had no interest?

As an aside, why would this person even join the discussion?

Have you all noticed, that Trajan and kschachn, are the ones who have NEVEr tried a product?

However, they ALWAYS seem to have all the the complete knowledge, in the world!!!

I really don't like this kind of slick behaviour!

I guess the moderators does.

Last edited:
I would guess that this kind of of word-artistery, would come from a lawyer.

We all know that lawyers aren't much out on the road.
But, they are excellent with words!

What kind of useful knowledge do they have to share with us, at this forum?

Sitting in front of a PC, doesn't make you know-it-all!!!

However, they both have a firm belief in that!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back