Best 75w90

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ndx

Hi Guys,

Best 75w90 ?

Factory calls for Burmah SAF AG4 is anyone familiar with it ? Looks like 75w90

There is no such thing as best. Some are better than others.

If this is (you didn't state your vehicle make, mileage, etc) for a Porche, Audi, or BMW, I would say any good synthetic 75W90 would suffice, such as Amsoil 75W90 SVG, Mobil 1 75W90, Reline 75W90, etc.

Last edited:
Sorry it would be for Porsche Cayenne 50k km on it

Originally Posted By: MileHigh18
I use Mobil 1 75w90 in my diffs. Smooooth sailing.

Hey,

Regular M1 not delvac ?

Originally Posted By: Ndx

Hey,

Regular M1 not delvac ?

Yeah. Use it in my Chevy Trailblazer with 0 issues. Had I seen the Delvac last year when I changed my diff fluid, I may have gotten that instead but like I said I haven't had any issues out of the Mobil 1 synthetic. Is the Delvac better?

Last edited:
I obviously have no way of knowing how it is working, but I run Redline GL4 in my transmission/transfer case, and Amsoil Severe Gear GL5 in my diffs. It is very quiet, and I manage to get 28MPG hwy on my 4wd 4 cyl truck.

Both are 75w90. Toyota calls for 75w85 in the diffs, but the Redline in that weight was back-ordered, so I used Amsoil 75w90.

I also use M1 75-90 in my rides.

F-150 Front Diff
Armada Front & Rear Diff
BMW Front & Rear Diff

Is it a GL4 or GL5? Given that it's likely a diff, it's probably GL5.

What about looking on some Cayenne forums to see what owners have had luck with?

Best.

Redline makes the best gear oils on earth however are you planning on changing it often,or fill it and forget it type deal.
Redline gear oils are the only redline products I can bring myself to buying since I don't need much and I don't wanna get under the trucks/cars to do it often.
It's the only gear oil that stopped the clunk into first on my Harley,which says a lot.
And it resists shear better than any fluid I've used,ever. But it's pricey.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Best.

Redline makes the best gear oils on earth however are you planning on changing it often,or fill it and forget it type deal.
Redline gear oils are the only redline products I can bring myself to buying since I don't need much and I don't wanna get under the trucks/cars to do it often.
It's the only gear oil that stopped the clunk into first on my Harley,which says a lot.
And it resists shear better than any fluid I've used,ever. But it's pricey.

I second that. I run MT90 in my 4x4 Taco's 5 speed manual trans. After 3 years of continuous service I was getting worried about it's life. So I called Dave at Redline and after a lengthy discussion I decided to leave it in. What Dave said is that the condemnation point on their GL4 oils is typically related to contamination not shear. Off-roading as much as I do, I do periodic inspections of all my gear and transmission/transfer case lubes. At last check it still looked good and shifted smoothly, so I saw no reason to change.

Any name brand which meets the requirements stated in your manual. Your gearbox will never notice any difference.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back