very sludged motor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, A lady's car was ticking so loudly in a parking lot I offered to check her oil.

She agreed and when I pulled the dipstick handle, it broke off effortlessly.
Everything in the tube (the dipstick itself) stayed there. Kira

Originally Posted By: 29662
That's just one of the reasons I don't like to buy used.

99.99% of used cars are fine...a little time looking them over and you can fine out what you need

Yea a lot of cars you can look in from the filler cap and get a good idea how the engine looks

Then again my wifes friend broke down/her and purchased a used 1993 Camry w/40k in some random town crossing USA back in 1997 to a travelling medical job placement. When she took it in for an oil change latter the mechanic yelled at her for not changing the oil ever. He did some sort of cleaning job for $500 and off she went. She still drives the car and no issues with close to 200k..

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

99.99% of used cars are fine...a little time looking them over and you can fine out what you need

I respectfully disagree. I work in the auto repair business (commercial side of things), and the things I see on a day to day basis makes me cringe. The amount of neglect and abuse that some cars are subjected to is downright criminal.

Yes I work in a shop as well, people will come in with the worst fluids and you'll show it to them and they came in for that problem, say with a transmission problem, well you need to do this, a lot of times I hear, well it can wait. I've bought some good used cars and then I've bought junk.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream

I respectfully disagree. I work in the auto repair business (commercial side of things), and the things I see on a day to day basis makes me cringe. The amount of neglect and abuse that some cars are subjected to is downright criminal.

Maybe, but those neglected cars are easy to spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back