my changing musical taste

Status
Not open for further replies.
The older I get,
The worser my music is.
Grew up with Zep, Rush,Aerosmith.
Now its Whitechapple,Crowbar stuff like that.

I listen to 60s, 70s, and 80s contemporary and 90s country...don't care for today's country at all....

Originally Posted By: Miller88
I can listen to older country music all day up to about the late 80s.

Modern country music is annoying.

OP, so your tastes are changing... That's good unless your changing tastes extend into your marriage.... Joking here folks. Musical tastes should expand as you progress in life. It gives insite to history, and what was happening at the time the music was created. The introduction of electric guitars into country was a turning point, keyboards into prog rock was another. Protest songs from the 60's, street rap describing inner city plight, big band... One constant would be KISS.. always juvenile, always predictable. It's all good. Except that late model stuff on country radio, like Florida Georgia Line. Vanilla rap to a country beat only gets you one thing. Country Rap is just that: C Rap.

Originally Posted By: beanoil
Except that late model stuff on country radio, like Florida Georgia Line. Vanilla rap to a country beat only gets you one thing. Country Rap is just that: C Rap.

True, but the 'ganstagrass' intro song for the FX series "Justified" IS pretty cool, LOVE that down and dirty dobro playing!!
thumbsup2.gif
cool.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back