S55 AMG very high oil consumpiton hard driving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MercedesAMG_Pola
I think that the oil sensor can be also broken.

Very possible. These MB oil level sensors are known for failing. Our C300 had to have its oil level sensor replaced because it would randomly display the "Check Oil Level" warning message, despite the oil level being correct.

Yes, there are two types of oil level sensors in Mercedes: add 1 ; 1.5; 2.0 etc. oil and the second is: check the oil level. I have the second one comment popping up in my Mercedes S400 CDI all the time(I think that this engine wasn't ever offered in the USA)

Unfortunately problem came back after some time. I am certain that mechanical mulfunction is nor an issue. The oil became dark shortly and consumption came back. Do you have any other ideas. Maybe Millers 10w60 cfs Nt. Isn't too thick?

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Originally Posted By: il_signore97
^lol...
cheers3.gif
to that... And yes, it does sound like a lot of oil and would most certainly bother me if it were my car.

As a side bar, I've only driven on the Autobahn twice in my life, and both times were with rental cars (obviously) so I couldn't care less about oil consumption. But it's amazing the amount of work an engine must be doing for hours on end with the loud pedal literally planted to the floor, and all without any drama or immediate issue! I guess that is why the German manufacturers are especially careful with their design and selection of service components to ensure proper operation in this type of duty cycle.

Hence why the typical Mercedes holds 8-9+ quarts of oil, and has large radiators for just about every fluid. Plus big cooling fans, under body air control to cool the rear end and brakes etc. Than you get into internal engine stuff like oil cooled pistons, 4 bolt mains, double row timing chains, etc.

They are designed to run at WOT until the tank runs dry.

The OP runs them fast but 120-130 is a very comfortable easy cruising speed in an S class.
Why else buy a Mercedes or an exotic.

Unfortunately problem came back after some time.

How many miles?

You're going to need to try different oils until you find something that works. Do they sell any oil supplements there that thicken the oil, like Lucas or STP? As a last resort of course.

175k miles, I have ordered Millers CFS NT 10w50. If that wouldn't help I will try fill ups with 10w60. Then only engine rebuild I guess.

175k miles, I have ordered Millers CFS NT 10w50. If that wouldn't help I will try fill ups with 10w60. Then only engine rebuild I guess.

I meant, How many miles on the oil fill? I wouldn't rebuild it if it's running strong. Just keep putting oil in. Do you get smoke out the exhaust?

Ihave had conversation with from Archoil. I am considering basing on the data I have collected to try:

1. BG 109 engine flush
2. Liqui Moly 5w40 with Archoil 9100 and 150% dose of archoil 9300

Does anyone have any actual data about Archoil products (VOAs, dynoruns etc.)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back