Condensation in Tail Light

Status
Not open for further replies.
Noticed a decent amount of condensation in the taillight on one of our vehicles. Removed and was able to get about a tablespoon of water out of it (hasn't rained in a few days).

Seems to be a common problem on some Cobalts and the two recommendations I see is to drill a weep hole or reseal - I would think resealing would make the most sense? If that's the case, what's a good sealant to use?

Originally Posted By: daves87rs
Two questions:

Is it a sedan-

And it it the taillight on the right (pass side)?

Sedan, yes. Left - driver's side.

I had the same thing happen, on an Alero. It was a hard to find crack on the lens. Was not obvious until I removed it and held it at various angles to light. I used a piece of tape to keep water out until I got another one.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Remove the light, dry it out and clean the area where the body and lens meet with a clean cloth.
Place it lens down and let the flowable sealer fill the seam.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/perma...ndshield+sealer

Update (been waiting to get sizeable rain that has just not come). Did this about 2 weeks ago. The stuff Trav recommended seemed to do the trick. Maybe I was too heavy handed, as I ended up with overflow in some spots. I let it sit for a while, then cleaned up anything that had run onto the lens. Flipped over (lens up) and let it set for 4 or 5 hours and then reinstalled before dark. Have not seen condensation yet, waiting for the rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back