Pennzoil Ultra 5W-40 Euro

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 05LGTLtd
Guessing it might get down to ~$6/qt with a filter deal?

That wouldn't be too bad. That's less than what Amazon charges for it.

Thought I'd add my 2 cents. I changed my oil yesterday from Eneos Sustina to PU 5w40 Euro, and wow! I never quite bought into this "feels/runs smoother" stuff until now; it is noticeably different.

I have a 2005 Saab 9-5, and these cars run kind of rough as it is, but I was starting to think that something might be wrong with the car, since its rough idle had been getting worse as of late. Now, after changing the oil, it just sits there in gear and purrs along happily. I'm inclined to believe that this is because the Pennzoil is that good, not that the Eneos is that bad (only had 3500 mi. on it). I swear that the car has never run this smoothly before. Kudos to Pennzoil!

Originally Posted By: d00df00d
Whenever I read a post saying that a fully to-spec oil is bad because of something related to engine noise, I feel like I'm hearing someone say a nice restaurant is bad because of the waiters' name tags or something.

ya I begin to agree, having seen the website about physical property of this or that material ,I suspect quality will come with a bit of noise

Just got my amazon delivery of the 6 pack.
Still SM
frown.gif

Originally Posted By: 97tbird
Just got my amazon delivery of the 6 pack.
Still SM
frown.gif

Just got mine too..Manufacture date March 10, 2014 and the bottles still say SM..but according to Pennzoil in the Q+A they did a month ago on BITOG..it is GTL..it is an excellent oil, no doubt.

I'm running it now and I picked up my supply off Amazon. It was manufactured 11/13 and the labels do state SM. However, I emailed Pennzoil and they stated that it's SN. The data sheet says SN too.

Originally Posted By: LiquidSchwartz
However, I emailed Pennzoil and they stated that it's SN.

Yes, they've been saying that for over a year now.

Still makes you wonder why they haven't bothered to update the labels after such a long time.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Originally Posted By: LiquidSchwartz
However, I emailed Pennzoil and they stated that it's SN.

Yes, they've been saying that for over a year now.

Still makes you wonder why they haven't bothered to update the labels after such a long time.

It seems that 5W40 for them is after thought.
Not to mention, all bottles are leaking oil.

That label thing confused me the first time it came up. I mean come on, I don't care how many leftover labels you might have laying around, a product has to have proper labeling that correctly reflects the contents of the container. That's being irresponsible and borders on deceptive marketing. How careful are they being on blending or formulation if they can't be bothered to label it accurately?

Makes you wonder how they run the rest of their business.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
a product has to have proper labeling that correctly reflects the contents of the container. That's being irresponsible and borders on deceptive marketing.

Well, technically, if the stuff inside the bottle is API SN, then they're doing nothing wrong by labeling it API SM, because if it meets API SN, then it surely meets API SM, too.

It would have been a problem if they put an API SN label but the stuff inside the bottle was API SM.

Besides, for someone shopping for Euro oil, the whole API certification is irrelevant.

But I agree with you, they are just being lazy, and makes you question where else they're cutting corners.

I'm guessing that at this point we will not see PU Euro 5w-40 with an actual API SN label since this product is now being renamed. The next label we will see will be PP Euro 5w-40.

What are the technical specs of this new Helix Ultra SN in Australia?

Sheet is dated June 11, 2014.

http://www.epc.shell.com/Docs/GPCDOC_Local_TDS_Australia_Shell_Helix_Ultra_5W-40_%28SN_CF_A3_B4%29_%28en-AU%29_TDS.pdf

API SN/CF
ACEA A3/B3, A3/B4
BMW LL-01
MB 229.5, 226.5
VW 502/505
Porsche A40
Renault RN 0700, RN 0710
PSA B71 2296
Ferrari
Fiat 9.55535.2
Chrysler MS-10725
Chrysler MS-12991

KV @ 100 = 13.10
KV @ 40 = 79.10
VI = 168
MRV @ -35 C = 19300
Density = 0.840
Flash = 242 C
Pour = -45 C

Thanks. So this appears to be different than our current PUE 5w-40 here in the States.

Yes, and nothing to write home about, truthfully.

Still, I might run PUE in my M3 when it's due for its next change in a few months.

The current price on Amazon is pretty good. 40.00 for 6 quarts. Cheaper than Mobile 1 0W40 I've been using my in Subaru Legacy GT.

Going to try this 5w40 Euro out. Always torn on OCIs. I use a bigger OEM filter, going to maybe go 5 - 6k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back